Replacing a 2002 WRX turbo what are my options? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Replacing a 2002 WRX turbo what are my options? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; awesome ill hit the classified on here and nasioc tonight thanks again guys...

awesome ill hit the classified on here and nasioc tonight thanks again guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Finally found some one with a turbo on nasioc.

http://imageshack.us/a/img194/9955/i...0110130012.jpg

Thats a link to the pic he sent me.
    The price we decided on is $250 shipped to me, ill be doing everything through paypal (non gift payment) so if something doesn't go well I think ill have some type of protection from paypal.

According to the seller this is a turbo he purchased to replace his own turbo that had issues and he states it has roughly 30k miles on it. He also says it spools pretty fast and strong and there is zero shaft play. The only thing that bothers me is he has zero feedback on nasioc. He joined back in april of 2012 and posted a thread selling a sti s202 titanium exhaust in july, i dont think hes located close enough for me to check out the turbo in person or else i would be doing so.

In any case, to anyone interested, ive finally made time to take a better look at my car, me and my brother will be pulling the turbo on tuesday to get a better look, i ordered a grimmspeed uppipe so we will be swapping that out while we are under there since its going to be arriving on tuesday and in a few days ill be placing an order for a TurboXS catback and a Cobb AP to flash to stage 1. After all that is paid off ill be getting a catted DP (either cobb or turboxs) and flashing to stage 2 (hopefully less than a month later)

250$ is too much. I think I sold my TD04 for 25$. Do some more searching. Buy local and check out the turbo personally. There has to be someone sitting on a TD04 in your area.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

25$ ??? god damn i could use a deal like that right now, someone else can get me one with 51k miles on it for 170 shipped, ill keep shopping around i need to get this car up and running soon, I do pc and network consultations so i NEED to get around, public transit and borrowing my brothers car isnt too bad so far but it would be nice to get my car up and running again

Replacing a 2002 WRX turbo what are my options?

The $25 deals are pretty few and far in between. $250 is too much, you could likely get yours rebuilt and balanced for that. and though I usually try to buy off people with an iTrader feedback they gotta start somewhere. Ask if he has iTrader feedback anywhere else.

Re: Replacing a 2002 WRX turbo what are my options?

The guy selling for 170 has around 61 transactions done on nasioc with a good mix of buy and sell transactions all positive but one I'm considering this guy cause after the next two weeks down time is really gonna start taking a toll on doing business

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I'd offer him $100.
    Can't hurt to see what he says. Honestly I doubt his used td04 is in high demand. He will probably be happy to just unload it. I would.

haha, yeah thats what im doing ive seen turbos sold on nasioc for an average of 100-150 shipped within the last 2-3 months. Then again i REALLY want to get my car up and running this downtime is gonna start killing my income. I started using my brothers 4runner so I can get to and from work and consultations. I just put in my order on rallysport for a cobb AP. So damn excited till it gets here on tuesday, first thing is flashing my car to stage 1. I havent had a chance yet to look at my car, the weather has been below 19 degrees and I dont have a garage to work in. Ive got another 500-600$ to spend, im trying to decide on a turbo XS catback, or a downpipe and adapter to stock exhaust.

on one hand I would like to go stage 2 asap, on the other i wouldnt mind having a nice sounding exhaust for a few weeks/months till i can scrape up the money for the DP later

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12