Nameless Catback 5" mufflers question

This is a discussion on Nameless Catback 5" mufflers question within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok. so i am considering the nameless catback exhaust for my 2013 wrx sedan. my concern is that combined with ...

Nameless Catback 5" mufflers question

ok. so i am considering the nameless catback exhaust for my 2013 wrx sedan. my concern is that combined with a catted downpipe( considering turboxs and cobb atm) it will be too loud and drone to much. im a little bit older now and although i want to go stage 2. im not looking to make to much noise. my girlfriend and I take the 4-5 hour drive to San Diego often and she wont tolerate exhaust drone for that long.

does anyone have any experience with the nameless catback with the 5" mufflers? and more specifically the 5" muffler option for the midpipe as well? my thought is that with a resonator and 5" muffler in the midpipe, and then two 5" axleback mufflers that it should eliminate any highway drone. or maybe the midpipe muffler is overkill. the other exhaust i was looking at was the magnaflow catback. its about $400 cheaper. but seems to have a raspy tone when connected to an aftermarket downpipe, which i dont like. but it could just be the sound quality of the video is poor. idk

any help is appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

also if anyone knows of a quality catback that has relatively little drone let me know!

just a thought. can i use the stock catback with an aftermarket downpipe and still use a stage 2 OTS map? not that i want to keep the stock catback just trying to keep my options open

I cant comment for sure but in the Videos online the Nameless Axleback and Catback all sound great! Im thinking of getting the Nameless Axelback Muffler delete! As far as drone i always Felt if it has drone it sounds great! Most exhausts that don't have any drone are too timid for me! I like an aggressive sound!

So funny story, I just installed a complete Nameless turbo-back last week on my 2011 sedan. Got the resonator in the mid pipe, and the 5" mufflers on the axle-back. I LOVED the sound, but my main drive is about 30 min to/from work, all mostly highway, and it was just entirely too loud for me (so much that I had a headache after i got home the second day). Luckily I had an Agency Power cat-back also, so I swapped for that and it's just right for me. It's just a little louder/deeper than stock (exactly what i was looking for).
    The Nameless was definitely much better quality, but I'm happy, so I guess that's all that matters. I've read that the Invidia Q300 is one of the quieter exhaust for the 11+ Sedan also.

Good luck

ya ive read a lot up on the Q300 as well. i was going to go that route but ive read too many posts about how the Q300 drones like crazy. to many ppl say that for me to take the chance at it. i do like the nameless but 5" mufflers are pretty tiny so i imagine it will be quite loud.

I've also heard the Q300 drones, but mostly just on the hatchback version. I would have gotten theirs but i didn't like the look of the tips (tiny/trumpet looking).

I know people don't care for AP too much, but I like the look/sound of them on my car.

i guess ill just keep researching. id just hate to spend over $1000 in some cases nearly $1500 only to find out its way to loud...

any opinions on the SPT catback with an aftermarket catted downpipe? i know it doesnt really drone with the stock dp(or so ive heard) but i wonder how it is when its in stage 2 configuration?

Re: Nameless Catback 5" mufflers question

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    any opinions on the SPT catback with an aftermarket catted downpipe? i know it doesnt really drone with the stock dp(or so ive heard) but i wonder how it is when its in stage 2 configuration?
    It's a tiny bit louder in vacuum and cruising conditions.

No dronning.

In boost with 2/3 throttle to max throttle, it's really loud....

2013 sedan with SPT CBE and Invidia catted DP

I've got the Nameless 5" on my 2011 sedan. Sounds refined under constant speed but mean under rev. You won't be disappointed. The mid-pipe muffler sounds a bit overkill.

i have the cobb catted dp and 5" mufflers. my last car was way to loud so i was worried too. cruising in 5th in the city its not any louder than stock. get on it and its flat out mean.on the highway its just right,no drone even cruising above the speed limit haha. the spt is a waste of money, and yes its completely fine to run a stage 2 map on stock exhaust.im in the hd and drive to vegas all the time, my last car i had to stop in baker to let my ears rest lol, now its no problem
    boost is like alcohol, its fun and great in moderation, to much and something's gonna go boom.