Turbo check
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Turbo check within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi guys about 9 months ago i bought a td05 16g big from my local performance shop wacked it on ...

Turbo check

hi guys about 9 months ago i bought a td05 16g big from my local performance shop wacked it on and tuned it my self i was always told it was TTS or something like that turns out its a TD05 16G big from cx racing now here is my part,

people always give negative about ebay turbos, online turbos, no branded i spent $500 aus with warranty on my turbo currently pushing about 21 psi @ around 320whp ive had this for about 9 months and still going strong if the turbo does go ill buy something bigger and better this turbo goes hard with no doubt the amount of torque i get when boost comes on it puts me in my seat and holds 21psi till 7300rpm

negative from my side is that with a tmic spool time is a big jump from standerd, full boost @3800rpm maybe because im running high amount of boost?

i also get abit of boost creep but thats if i have a low boost setting lets say 18 psi by 5000rpm it would creep to 20psi (this problem could have been avoided by porting the wastegate)

i think all in alll this turbo isnt like the other ebay turbo's like the TBO ones, cx racing td05 16g is actually half decent in my books, my friend has a td06 20g Ebay turbo @20 psi in his 04 wrx and my one pulls harder he said it himself mind you he has a fmic as i have a sti tmic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    21 PSI isn't "high" for a 16G with proper modifications
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Holy run on sentence. I got lost twice in there!! Lol
    Punctuation is your friend good sir. It will make the point of your thread far easier to comprehend

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    21 PSI isn't "high" for a 16G with proper modifications
    sorry about my punctuation wrote it while i was tired lol,

and ej257 isnt it? i thought thats not bad? like its hitting its limits lol (obviously wouldnt run higher than that on stock block)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sxcrxy View Post
    and ej257 isnt it? i thought thats not bad? like its hitting its limits lol (obviously wouldnt run higher than that on stock block)
    I guess you have never heard of a compressor map?
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey
    I guess you have never heard of a compressor map?
    Last time you tried to refer him to a compressor map, he didn't have time for it. Maybe this time he'd be a bit more open to it...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

aint nobody got time for compressor maps

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.