Do the later blocks fit my 2002 WRX ?? if not which ones do I avoid ??

This is a discussion on Do the later blocks fit my 2002 WRX ?? if not which ones do I avoid ?? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So plan is to get a set of block half's and build up a bottom end. So did they change ...

Do the later blocks fit my 2002 WRX ?? if not which ones do I avoid ??

So plan is to get a set of block half's and build up a bottom end. So did they change the bell-housing bolt pattern at a certain date or model
    I did here someone mention there was a 4 bolt and 8 bolt bell-housing configuration....

Sorry for all the questions again but also is there any good videos or preferably books (That are in English not Japanese)
    about the basics of build a Scooby motor ?? will be my first so always good to have some reference material so I can avoid the
    normal newby mistakes....

Thanks again

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You can use pretty much any Subaru case halves, but there are a few things to consider when building a hybrid engine. For one, the cylinder head combustion chamber.. and breathers.

nasioc has some info regarding building engines.

Don't install the crankshaft backwards.. sounds silly, but I know someone who actually did that.

Are the Turbo blocks stronger or different to the RS none turbo blocks ?? there's a cheap RS block local to me....

Silly question but I have to ask...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Do not use a non-turbo block for a boosted application, the cylinder walls are not designed to handle the high cylinder pressures of a turbo charged car.

What you're looking for is an ej257, ej255, or even an ej207 (if you want to build a 2L).

Ok thanks for that bud...