My Oil Leak Problem Please Help

This is a discussion on My Oil Leak Problem Please Help within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have completely modified my block on my ej20. Manely rods wiesco pistons acl bearings bored block the works only ...

I have completely modified my block on my ej20. Manely rods wiesco pistons acl bearings bored block the works only thing stock is crank. Im having two continuous problems. 1) I have changed my rear seal three times and its the same thing a tear on the left side of the seal and all my oil leaks out. 2) my oil pressure is low its between 13 and 15 psi on idle. i even bought a 12mm oil pump but still the same thing. Please guys any sugguestions is greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sounds like yourmods are too much for that gasket. or its leaking from somewhere else
    and if it is the same gasket needing replacement it could also be possible yourepinching the gasket or not seating it right when installing

I Support ClubWRX

Suspect a burr causing the seal problem and a faulty pick up tube or obstruction if pressure is low with a known good pump installed correctly.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Please explain burr

Nevermind I googled it. An its not a sharp cut its like its ripped but not a straight tear also the tear is only 2 to 3 inches long and not straight around.

I Support ClubWRX
    That's odd. Are you oiling the seal before installing it? I can't imagine what would be causing the damage.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I had read somewhere that a 12mm oil pump might be TOO large...but that was on a 2.5L block. Not sure if it would cause an issue here. Someone with more engine knowledge should chime in.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying