Drop in Filter? Nameless axleback? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Drop in Filter? Nameless axleback? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Since we're on this topic, I might as well seek help. I have an '02 Rex stock now but I ...

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Since we're on this topic, I might as well seek help. I have an '02 Rex stock now but I want an Invidia TBE and Uppipe, as well as maybe an AEM short ram intake. I would love to go opensource but I am a noob and am also only 15. I live in Saskatchewan (Canada) which is a 9 hour drive from any tuning place. Even then, none too reputable. I don't have a laptop and don't want to drop $600+ for one plus a Tactrix Cable. I know Cobb AP sucks, but considering my circumstances, and adding that I like the plug and play and simplicity of changing maps, is it worth buying AP?
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Drop in Filter? Nameless axleback?

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru-Mopar-Luv View Post
    I like the plug and play and simplicity of changing maps, is it worth buying AP?
    AP is worth it!!!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

in your situation yes, with an ap you can still load tp maps and run pro tunes
    boost is like alcohol, its fun and great in moderation, to much and something's gonna go boom.

15 and can drop +$2500 on your car? you're one lucky kid back to brass tax, the AP is a quality product so well worth it. Also, if you decide you do want to get a protune or a shop pops up, the more reputable shops (IMO) typically already either off an AP at the shop or ask you to have one prior to tune (ie EFI/Precision) Anyways good luck with everything. Wish i had that sorta money at that age...or even right now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru-Mopar-Luv View Post
    Since we're on this topic, I might as well seek help. I have an '02 Rex stock now but I want an Invidia TBE and Uppipe, as well as maybe an AEM short ram intake. I would love to go opensource but I am a noob and am also only 15. I live in Saskatchewan (Canada) which is a 9 hour drive from any tuning place. Even then, none too reputable. I don't have a laptop and don't want to drop $600+ for one plus a Tactrix Cable. I know Cobb AP sucks, but considering my circumstances, and adding that I like the plug and play and simplicity of changing maps, is it worth buying AP?

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Glad I'm hearing positives about AP! Definitely gonna pick one up then. And when I save enough for anything more serious than Stage 2, I'll just go protune. And yes, car and all mods have been in the works for saving since I was a tiny kid. Cars have always been a passion. Lucky I got on saving or else I might be running a Civic with a can...eek!

Quote Originally Posted by speedsterX View Post
    I hate to sound irritate, but I am. Does anybody know how to use the search feature on forums or Google anymore? I'm a noob to scoob, but that doesn't stop me from searching for info before creating a thread that's been covered tons of times.
    This always cracks me up on every forum on the internet. If a duplicate topic bothers someone that much that they have to go out of their way to say how irritated they are about it, I can't imagine how these people deal with real life problems. Probably just go around raging a lot. Good. Weed out all these people by them having heart attacks at an early age.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.