NEED SOME ADVICE FOR A TRADE

This is a discussion on NEED SOME ADVICE FOR A TRADE within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I need some advice theirs some guy who wants to trade me his AEM COLD AIR INTAKE ITS CARB LEGAL ...

NEED SOME ADVICE FOR A TRADE

I need some advice theirs some guy who wants to trade me his AEM COLD AIR INTAKE ITS CARB LEGAL for my stock one bcuz his tuned and his is not letting him use it to its full potental bcuz his is tuned so if I trade him mines would it throw me off bcuz I'm not tuned? And could I wait like a year to tune it after I trade him? And will I have the same problem when I tune it? So should I trade him?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If you aren't going to be able to get a tune for it, it is not a good idea. What tune is he using? If he has an AccesPORT, there is a map specifically for it.
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

FMS

Good morning SubieSTi,

I would recommend holding off on the trade unless you are prepared to sit on the part for a year till you get a tune or get a tune now. Its not a bad deal, however your OEM one is not restrictive enough that going aftermarket is going to make much more power.

Hope this helps and have a great day!
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by FMS View Post
    Good morning SubieSTi,

I would recommend holding off on the trade unless you are prepared to sit on the part for a year till you get a tune or get a tune now. Its not a bad deal, however your OEM one is not restrictive enough that going aftermarket is going to make much more power.

Hope this helps and have a great day!
    +1

Lolwut?

Confusing post is confusing....but I think I get it.

Guessing you have an 05 STI based on your name? Cause that makes all the difference in the world. An intake shouldn't cause any problems really for your car (though AEMs weren't the best for the GDs).

But bottom line is, you just don't need it. You won't see any gains from it because the stock airbox is very efficient until you're getting to higher HP applications (past Stage 2).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Not worth it. Pass
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!