Downpipes - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Downpipes within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; All good names there. I went with Cobb....

I Support ClubWRX
    All good names there. I went with Cobb.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I like the cobb, it has the iron bellmouth and a place for a wideband O2 already there. Also, the cat is placed further down the tube (although it is much smaller in person).

1 + for Cobb. I went with the Cobb catted downpipe (yes I know ... I'm a tree hugger). In my opinon you can't beat they quality and craftmanship. The only potential negative thing that I might say about Invidia is if you go with there CBE system ... be carefull of the flex joint if you live where they use salt on the roads. I've heard more than one story of salt getting in there and corroding the joint (even with in two years).

Happy shopping and enjoy stage 2!
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX (Premium) | EFI Logics Tuned Stage 3 | Cobb SF CAI | Invidia EL Race Header | Cobb Catted Downpipe | Borla CBE | PW TMIC | Grimmspeed EBCS | Grimmspeed AOS | DW 65C Fuel Pump | Grimmspeed Light Weight Pulley | SPT Short Shifter | JNA Front Lip | EPIC Performance Springs | SMY Cluster w/ Boost & Oil Pressure

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wussola View Post
    1 + for Cobb. I went with the Cobb catted downpipe (yes I know ... I'm a tree hugger). In my opinon you can't beat they quality and craftmanship. The only potential negative thing that I might say about Invidia is if you go with there CBE system ... be carefull of the flex joint if you live where they use salt on the roads. I've heard more than one story of salt getting in there and corroding the joint (even with in two years).

Ahhh salt...The bane of my car...

Registered User DustYouWithMyRex's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Wussola View Post

Well I live by the beach so I guess it's a no go with the flex joint. Thanks for the warning, was looking to go with that but not now.

I Support ClubWRX
    Nameless

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    If it were my money, I would go with:
    1) TurboXS
    2) Invidia
    3) Cobb

In that order.
    why not perrin? i only ask because i was considering their "stage 2" package for my '13 sedan.

I just installed the Nameless down pipe last week...great quality, and perfect fit...will be doing a build thread after the weather clears up and i can get some good pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by D's WRX View Post
    I just installed the Nameless down pipe last week...great quality, and perfect fit...will be doing a build thread after the weather clears up and i can get some good pictures.
    i was on their website looking at their products actually. very expensive but they do seem to be of the best quality

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea
    why not perrin? i only ask because i was considering their "stage 2" package for my '13 sedan.
    Because I didn't feel like listing every downpipe under the sun. I listed the three I would buy with my money.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Because I didn't feel like listing every downpipe under the sun. I listed the three I would buy with my money.
    Haha fair enough.

They all do the same thing. You also have CNT Racing, and Tsudo that are well made

Will a aftermarket downpipe void your warranty?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Colinz89 View Post
    Will a aftermarket downpipe void your warranty?
    Highly debated topic here...Definitely will void your warranty on your downpipe (other than the warranty that comes with the downpipe). SOA will probably give you crap on anything else that could be possibly linked to that downpipe that might fail...Which you could fight and maybe win, maybe loose, who knows until you actually go through it...

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Highly debated topic here...Definitely will void your warranty on your downpipe (other than the warranty that comes with the downpipe). SOA will probably give you crap on anything else that could be possibly linked to that downpipe that might fail...Which you could fight and maybe win, maybe loose, who knows until you actually go through it...
    Just an interesting fact ... here in Rhode Island I've been told that if your car has under 80k miles that you won't pass inspection if you have any type of aftermarket exhaust parts. They don't even check emissions ... if they see anything that is not OEM stock then you don't pass.
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX (Premium) | EFI Logics Tuned Stage 3 | Cobb SF CAI | Invidia EL Race Header | Cobb Catted Downpipe | Borla CBE | PW TMIC | Grimmspeed EBCS | Grimmspeed AOS | DW 65C Fuel Pump | Grimmspeed Light Weight Pulley | SPT Short Shifter | JNA Front Lip | EPIC Performance Springs | SMY Cluster w/ Boost & Oil Pressure

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast