CNT DOWNPIPE?! stage 2 questions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on CNT DOWNPIPE?! stage 2 questions within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys i'm getting the cobb accessport for christmas and i already have a cat back exhaust. i want to ...

CNT DOWNPIPE?! stage 2 questions

Hey guys i'm getting the cobb accessport for christmas and i already have a cat back exhaust. i want to get a downpipe for cheap that is CATTED. i'm too scared to go catless and dont try to persuade me to do it. iv'e made my decision. So far i found that the CNT downpipe is very reasonable, its like $370 for a catted. Is there anyone that can recommend or give reviews on this downpipe. How does it compare with other bigger name brands like invidia and cobb? thanks guys
    12' WRB WRX sedan
    -Cobb Accessport- Stage 2
    -Invidia Catted DP W/Custom Catback
    -AEM CAI Intake
    -Rally Armor Urethane Mud Flaps

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_yfz View Post
    Hey guys i'm getting the cobb accessport for christmas and i already have a cat back exhaust. i want to get a downpipe for cheap that is CATTED. i'm too scared to go catless and dont try to persuade me to do it. iv'e made my decision. So far i found that the CNT downpipe is very reasonable, its like $370 for a catted. Is there anyone that can recommend or give reviews on this downpipe. How does it compare with other bigger name brands like invidia and cobb? thanks guys
    Well my main concern would be the quality of the catalytic converter used. Those eBay companies have to save money somewhere. If you were Catless then I'd say your all good. My buddy bought a full catless turbo back for his bugeye off eBay for like $300 and its still running strong. No rust, no problems fit perfect. And that was 3 years ago.

Just my recommendation, if your dead set on having a cat.(and you should be, there's no reason to go Catless under about 400whp) Then save up the extra $200 and buy a good brand down pipe. I.E. Cobb, Perrin, etc....

i got the injen catted downpipe and it fit great and caused no problems, very solid piece of equipment

enter the promo code 5offfive it drops to 388.00

sorry edited heres the link

Injen Super SES - Downpipe SUBARU IMPREZA WRX;WRX LIMITED;WRX STI;WRX STI LIMITED;WRX TR 2002 - 2007 SES1202DP

I Support ClubWRX
    I have not been happy with the CNT/ERZ pipes I've installed; every one has had crappy fitment. Other people haven't had issues. Personally, I'd go with either a Perrin, Invidia, or Cobb unit.

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea
    Just my recommendation, if your dead set on having a cat.(and you should be, there's no reason to go Catless under about 400whp)
    Incorrect. When boost creep isn't an issue, catless will offer more power and better response than a comparable catted version.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

The cat in the CNT is fine but EJ257 is right fitment isn't the best. Installing a dp on this car should be easy but installing mine took over two hours and a lot of swearing! Now that it's in though everything has been fine. Been pretty cold here in vt and not even a little bit of boost creep. I bought mine used though for 200 bucks so I couldn't pass that up.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    I have not been happy with the CNT/ERZ pipes I've installed; every one has had crappy fitment. Other people haven't had issues. Personally, I'd go with either a Perrin, Invidia, or Cobb unit.

Incorrect. When boost creep isn't an issue, catless will offer more power and better response than a comparable catted version.
    I stand corrected!!!! Just going off what Perrin(over the phone) told me when I asked them the power difference between their catted and catless stage 2 maps. I was told the difference is negligible. Something like ~5hp. They said under about 350-400 whp there isn't much power gained going full catless. But like I said this is just an over the phone information if you have real world knowledge and numbers then I do stand corrected sir!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea
    I stand corrected!!!! Just going off what Perrin(over the phone) told me when I asked them the power difference between their catted and catless stage 2 maps. I was told the difference is negligible. Something like ~5hp. They said under about 350-400 whp there isn't much power gained going full catless. But like I said this is just an over the phone information if you have real world knowledge and numbers then I do stand corrected sir!!
    I don't believe they sell a catless downpipe for stock-location setups. Also, with their rotated setups, they only sell kits where the EWG is routed into the downpipe.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.