Mod the 02 bug eye!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Mod the 02 bug eye! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ive been driving my 02 wrx for 2 years now and want to start moding it. im looking for any ...

Mod the 02 bug eye!

Ive been driving my 02 wrx for 2 years now and want to start moding it. im looking for any advice at all about what im looking for. for with the exhaust. i want to replace my WHOLE exhaust system. upgrade to something to increase performance and sound. i love the low low deep rumble. also thinking about upgrading the air intake without removing a foglight. and getting a COBB. any other recommendations? i want good performance while taking it easy on the engine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    "getting a COBB"?? I don't know what this is, Cobb is a manufacturer that makes all kinds of things.. but I would assume you're thinking about purchasing an Access Port?

There are several good exhaust systems to consider. When you say the "WHOLE" exhaust system I would assume you mean an uppipe and turboback? Which isn't actually the whole exhaust system. Are you looking for headers as well? [Invidia makes a decent affordable turboback]

I don't think Cobb has OTS maps to use with aftermarket intakes for your car, and you would get much better results with a real tune rather than a base map, so I would recommend talking to the tuner of your choice and seeing if they would want to do an open source tune for you. I don't know about removing a foglight.. I've done a lot of modding to 2002 WRXs and I did have to swap to Hella foglights for my FMIC, but I still have two functioning foglights.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.