Mod the 02 bug eye!

This is a discussion on Mod the 02 bug eye! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ive been driving my 02 wrx for 2 years now and want to start moding it. im looking for any ...

Mod the 02 bug eye!

Ive been driving my 02 wrx for 2 years now and want to start moding it. im looking for any advice at all about what im looking for. for with the exhaust. i want to replace my WHOLE exhaust system. upgrade to something to increase performance and sound. i love the low low deep rumble. also thinking about upgrading the air intake without removing a foglight. and getting a COBB. any other recommendations? i want good performance while taking it easy on the engine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    "getting a COBB"?? I don't know what this is, Cobb is a manufacturer that makes all kinds of things.. but I would assume you're thinking about purchasing an Access Port?

There are several good exhaust systems to consider. When you say the "WHOLE" exhaust system I would assume you mean an uppipe and turboback? Which isn't actually the whole exhaust system. Are you looking for headers as well? [Invidia makes a decent affordable turboback]

I don't think Cobb has OTS maps to use with aftermarket intakes for your car, and you would get much better results with a real tune rather than a base map, so I would recommend talking to the tuner of your choice and seeing if they would want to do an open source tune for you. I don't know about removing a foglight.. I've done a lot of modding to 2002 WRXs and I did have to swap to Hella foglights for my FMIC, but I still have two functioning foglights.