2011 wrx bigger turbo injectors

This is a discussion on 2011 wrx bigger turbo injectors within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone running a Blouch 440xt? If so what size injectors are you running or recommend? Don't want to go overboard ...

2011 wrx bigger turbo injectors

Anyone running a Blouch 440xt? If so what size injectors are you running or recommend? Don't want to go overboard and also want to stay away from any lean condition. I'm already figuring 1000cc but just want to here any opinions. Also I already have a 255lph fuel pump.
    Thanks for any input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Re: 2011 wrx bigger turbo injectors

What fuel?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

cut with 100LL for the weekend.

I Support ClubWRX

I would rethink the idea of using any kind of leaded fuel in your car. If you want increased detonation buffer, consider WMI instead.

I'm not familiar with 100LL so I can't advise you on that but 750cc injectors or higher should be sufficient for pump gas. I'd look into the ID1000s in your case.

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    I would rethink the idea of using any kind of leaded fuel in your car. If you want increased detonation buffer, consider WMI instead.

I'm not familiar with 100LL so I can't advise you on that but 750cc injectors or higher should be sufficient for pump gas. I'd look into the ID1000s in your case.
    To the best of my knowledge 93 is unleaded and I'll look into it and 100ll is aviation fuel, my friends runs it in his cars and was recommending it, although I would probably never use it without doing a lot of research about it's effects.

I Support ClubWRX

Quote Originally Posted by MOTION
    To the best of my knowledge 93 is unleaded and I'll look into it and 100ll is aviation fuel, my friends runs it in his cars and was recommending it, although I would probably never use it without doing a lot of research about it's effects.
    Pump gas is unleaded. You're correct in that 100LL is aviation fuel, with the LL being "low lead". Automobiles haven't been designed to run leaded gas in decades. If you are looking for more octane on demand, WMI is your best bet; pump gas when cruising, race gas under load.

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX

No e85 consideration?... Would depend on the area of course, but don't forget about this option.

As recommended, water / meth injection is probably your next best option.

Most fuels burn at different stoich ratios. In layman's terms, you'd need a tune for other types of gas. No just 'cutting' it normally unless you plan on running lean or possibly rich.

FYI, Adding fuel of higher octane does not normally make a car safer at the track (unless it burns at the exact same stoich ratio with similar energy per injection event... Not much point in it then).
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro