custom mid pipe cost?

This is a discussion on custom mid pipe cost? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; im looking to build a custom 3" mid pipe to go along with my cobb dp and nameless axle back. ...

custom mid pipe cost?

im looking to build a custom 3" mid pipe to go along with my cobb dp and nameless axle back. my plan is to use flanges so everything can be put back to stock. just wanna know what everyone paid for there set up and if there was as any problems. thanks guys
    boost is like alcohol, its fun and great in moderation, to much and something's gonna go boom.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm not really sure I think a full Turboback from Cobb was roughly $1900? DP MP Turboback.....

what year is your WRX?

my GTR was $1399 for the AMS DP
    $1800 for the AMS Mid pipe
    and $5700 for the Amuse R1 STTI exhaust
    Rambo ~ I scratched off my VIN plates. Weight savings.

I Support ClubWRX
    So you're looking to keep the 2.5" donut and mate up with the flat flange of the Nameless?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Depending on the shop, I would expect it to cost anywhere between $50 and $300. Your best bet would be to call the shop that's going to do it and ask them about how much they will charge.

i already have the dp and nameless on the car so i dont need a turbo back. im also jealous that your driving a gtr haha. yes that is what i would like to do ej, i know its kinds seems odd to go from a 3"dp to a 2.5"flange back to 3" piping but like i said major thing is to be able to go back to stock with ease. i got a price already from a buddies shop, $240
    boost is like alcohol, its fun and great in moderation, to much and something's gonna go boom.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    With the stock turbo I would imagine that necking down to 2.5" won't hurt too much.

yea thats kinda what i was hoping for, and im not exaclty after every little hp.