more questions COBB
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on more questions COBB within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i will try to make this a quick and simple question: i have a 2013 wrx... i want a cobb ...

more questions COBB

i will try to make this a quick and simple question:

i have a 2013 wrx...
    i want a cobb intake and air box...
    i know i need the cobb access port to make adjustments for this new intake to prevent poor engine management
    if i also want to free up the exhaust, what is the best way to go?
    is the access port smart enough to adjust these settings to the point where i wont get a check engine light? i'm primarily concerned because i dont want to have to put everything back to stock condition come inspection time. in rhode island all the inspection consists of is an obd2 plug in. i also dont want to modify the car to the point where the mods are considered no longer "safe" for a stock engine.

please let me know if this makes any sense. thanks.
    Last edited by scott01hickey; 12-11-2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: poor grammer

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You will want to get a turbo back exhaust. The AP will eliminate the codes

As far as inspection I can't offer any advice. Never had to deal with it

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

As long as they don't do an emissions test up there you're fine and as long as you have the accesport, codes won't be a problem.

You do not have to tune for the Cobb intake. The diameter is the same as the stock intake so no MAF corrections are needed.

I stand corrected 08+ do need to be retuned. I have an 07 and no retune was necessary although I did reflash to a 93 Octane stage 1 map.
    Last edited by LIChuck; 12-12-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Wrong on the tuning. The intake will affect A/F ratio. Though problems wont show up right away... it does not mean it is ok. Get it tuned and flash to stage 1 with the Cobb intake

Quote Originally Posted by LIChuck View Post
    You do not have to tune for the Cobb intake. The diameter is the same as the stock intake so no MAF corrections are needed.
    This is false for 3rd gen WRXs.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    i have the cobb sf intake and its nice, i would also suggest a turbo back exhaust i like invidia products
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scott01hickey View Post
    i will try to make this a quick and simple question:

i have a 2013 wrx...
    i want a cobb intake and air box...
    i know i need the cobb access port to make adjustments for this new intake to prevent poor engine management
    if i also want to free up the exhaust, what is the best way to go?
    is the access port smart enough to adjust these settings to the point where i wont get a check engine light? i'm primarily concerned because i dont want to have to put everything back to stock condition come inspection time. in rhode island all the inspection consists of is an obd2 plug in. i also dont want to modify the car to the point where the mods are considered no longer "safe" for a stock engine.

please let me know if this makes any sense. thanks.
    I would start by reading the stickies at the top of the page and checking Cobb's website. All the information for the AP and what it can do as well as the parts required are right on Cobb's website.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.