Tuners in Maine?

This is a discussion on Tuners in Maine? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; There has to be some people in Maine with a tuned subie. Where did you get your tuning work done? ...

I Support ClubWRX

Tuners in Maine?

There has to be some people in Maine with a tuned subie. Where did you get your tuning work done? I am just curious because I wanted to possibly look into doing a tune (probably stage I) after the winter.
    Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't know of any shops in ME. Make a drive down to DSG outside of Boston; they'll set you up right.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Stage 1 is also a pretty safe level to look into tune options that don't involve a dyno.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Cool thanks for the info. I was thinking that it might be able to be done without a dyno, and if I do go that route there is a place called Coachworks right near me in Maine where the guys are very knowledgable about all things cars, but I was thinking I should bring it somewhere that specializes in tuning since they will be messing with my baby!
    Thanks again guys!

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Cool thanks for the info. I was thinking that it might be able to be done without a dyno, and if I do go that route there is a place called Coachworks right near me in Maine where the guys are very knowledgable about all things cars, but I was thinking I should bring it somewhere that specializes in tuning since they will be messing with my baby!
    Thanks again guys!
    Like I said, stage 1 is quite safe to do without a dyno/road tune. There are those who would say it would be a waste of money to do so just for a stage 1 tune. However, if you have the money, of course the optimal route is always to get as custom a tune as possible.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Definitely don't want to be wasting money! I appreciate the thoughts.Who knows, by next spring maybe this will turn from a stage I to a DP with a stage II. Stranger things have happened

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi
    Thanks again guys!
    You want someone who specializes in Subarus. You don't need a dyno, a simple road tune would be sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi
    Definitely don't want to be wasting money! I appreciate the thoughts.Who knows, by next spring maybe this will turn from a stage I to a DP with a stage II. Stranger things have happened
    Personally, unless your plan is to go the AP route and run their S1/S2 base maps, I would hold off until you can pick up a downpipe, and go straight to a custom S2 reflash.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC