my 02 engine
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on my 02 engine within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi everyone. The engine on my 02 wrx is bad. Need some opinions on what to do. I have a ...

my 02 engine

Hi everyone. The engine on my 02 wrx is bad. Need some opinions on what to do. I have a spending limit of about $3000 for the engine. Have extra for install. Would like to know what would be a option. Rebuild the motor I have, buy a new ej205 or is there another option? My friend said get a ej207 v7 but there $6000 on eBay. Any help would be great. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    $3k isn't a lot.. do you know what went wrong with the first one? What are your goals with it?

I would say for $3k, if your case halves are still good, build a stroker using an ej257 crank. If you're going to get a bigger turbo down the road then try to get forged rods and pistons put in, and ARP headstuds.

The car has been sitting for a few years so there is alot of dirt inside. Friend was going to help me build it up be we both got busy and had to put the car to the side. I have a VF34, frontmount intercooler, STI injectors, fuel pump ready to go in once i get it running. Not looking for big numbers. Just alittle bit more pep. It will be my new daily driver.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame
    I would say for $3k, if your case halves are still good, build a stroker using an ej257 crank. If you're going to get a bigger turbo down the road then try to get forged rods and pistons put in, and ARP headstuds.
    Mmm 2.1L stroker
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I was looking at the stroker kit and it lok good. What else would i need besides the kit itself? Would a VF34 turbo and STI pinks be good or would i need bigger? What ecu would you recommend? Sorry for all the question.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You will need to use the ECU that goes with the rest of the car.. You could run an aftermarket ECU if you want, but the cheaper ones will cost $3000 by themselves, so I would say that's both unneeded and out of your budget.

The pinks will be fine, but I wouldn't bother with the FMIC, you would get better performance on a VF turbo from a good TMIC. The VF34 on a 2.1L stroker with a 3-port EBCS and ProcessWest TMIC would be a great daily driver setup (as long as it's built right.. don't skimp on machining).

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.