Intake or Catback first? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Intake or Catback first? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; north carolina just plugs right in to OBD2 or what ever its called right under the steering wheel. what if ...

north carolina just plugs right in to OBD2 or what ever its called right under the steering wheel.
    what if i just flash it with a map thats for a highflow cat. could it hurt. i dont see it affecting much.
    2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Hatch
    Mods : Yakima Roof Rack, Perrin catted DP, Perrin CAI, Perrin shifter bushings, Perrin AP stage 2, Ebay/Custom 3" cat back, carbon Subaru emblems, blacked out tail lights, Cobb STS, Raceland Coilovers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BEASTmode632 View Post
    north carolina just plugs right in to OBD2 or what ever its called right under the steering wheel.
    If they don't do a visual or a sniffer, and just plug in, then you'll be fine. The accessport, I am 90% sure, gives you the ability to eliminate CELs that would cause you to fail.

what if i just flash it with a map thats for a highflow cat. could it hurt. i dont see it affecting much.
    Well, the main thing is that you can run into issues with boost creep, which is potentially quite bad for your engine.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BEASTmode632
    As Will mentioned, the AP will disable the typical DTCs that are triggered by the aftermarket downpipe. The only issue you may have is if there is some kind of an ECU reset right before you go to get inspected; I don't believe the readiness monitors are forced online like you have the ability to do with OpenECU (I don't have access to ATR, so I'm not sure if that feature is supported).

Quote Originally Posted by BEASTmode632
    Since you choose not to follow their instructions, Cobb has no obligation to help you (one of the reasons you go with an AP is for product support). It may work fine, it may not; you won't know until you try it. At that point, if it doesn't take the map well, you have one of two options:
    1) Buy a downpipe that has you in compliance with the requirements
    2) Get a custom tune

If your problem is boost creep (rather than a boost spike / overboost situation), a custom tune will not help you, since that's a mechanical problem, not a tuning problem.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Re: Intake or Catback first?

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    I don't believe the readiness monitors are forced online like you have the ability to do with OpenECU (I don't have access to ATR, so I'm not sure if that feature is supported).

Since you choose not to follow their instructions, Cobb has no obligation to help you (one of the reasons you go with an AP is for product support). It may work fine, it may not; you won't know until you try it. At that point, if it doesn't take the map well, you have one of two options:
    You can force readiness monitors online with ATR, Matty. The maps don't force the monitors online by default, however.

Beamed at your face at approx. 186,000 miles per second via DROID BIONIC
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax
    You can force readiness monitors online with ATR, Matty. The maps don't force the monitors online by default, however.
    Roger

Doesn't surprise me that Bill implemented that feature
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12