Need advice for a cheap cat-back replacement

This is a discussion on Need advice for a cheap cat-back replacement within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Both the muffler and b-pipe (center pipe) have rusted out, two nice big holes and the flange by the muffler ...

Need advice for a cheap cat-back replacement

Both the muffler and b-pipe (center pipe) have rusted out, two nice big holes and the flange by the muffler has cracked. Its a 2004 wagon. I need a cheap, decent replacement that won't hurt the wallet (we need the car to pass inspection in Jan) and last another 8 years. I would prefer it not too be much louder over stock. This is the daily kid hauler, grocery getter, etc. I haven't heard much about Walker and Flowmaster the two that the local Autozone carries. Any tips and recommendations would greatly be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

find one from a junkyard or try Craigslist. Search on this forum as well as other WRX forums under your areas parts for sale threads. if youd like a new one but want to remain quiet and slightly stock stealthy look check out the Borla Hush,Maddad Whisper, or a nice single tip like Cobb. all can be found used somewhere.