Q300 Install

This is a discussion on Q300 Install within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My Invidia Q300 catback for my 2011 STI just came in. I will be ordering the catted/catlesss (haven't decided yet) ...

Q300 Install

My Invidia Q300 catback for my 2011 STI just came in. I will be ordering the catted/catlesss (haven't decided yet) DP very soon also.

My friend was telling me I'm going to need to order gaskets too? How many and which kind do yous guys suggest?

Has anyone installed the entire setup with ramps and jack stands? Is it worth it to save the money for a profesh install?

Any other suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    - 2011 WRB STI

Cobb stage II tune ~ Invidia TBE * Cobb Intake

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I've done many TBE installs: ramps, stands, and lift. It's not very difficult, relatively easy DIY job with minor mechanical ability.

You'll need a turbo/downpipe gasket (get it from your dealership). You'll need a 3" catback gasket; the Q300 may come with it. I've bought this from Grimmspeed in the past; while $$, it's a decent gasket.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I just installed my q300 on my 2010 hatch. Seriously it was easy and quick, I got my old exhaust off before my buddy could activate his new iphone. Lubing up the exhaust hangers makes a big difference. For mine at the rear I left two hangers on the car and two on the exhaust itself. I put it together on the ground then put it on the car, I was wondering if putting in on in pieces would have been easier but I got it back on in about 10 minutes so who knows.

I say def put it on yourself, waste of money to have someone do it for you. Very easy with just jack stands, get a buddy and some beer and have a great afternoon!

I Support ClubWRX
    when i installed my dp i got a grimmspeed dp gasket and it works great. also my invidia exhaust came with gaskets and i used them and didnt have any leaks
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Sounds great. Thanks guys.
    - 2011 WRB STI

Didn't want to start a new thread for one quick question so here it is:

Anyone heard of bulletproofing your TMIC? Was reading something saying this is something important to do when going Stage 2.
    - 2011 WRB STI