Looking to go Stage 2... NEED HELP!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Looking to go Stage 2... NEED HELP!!! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi All, I bought my first 2012 wrx hatch in wrb and currently have a Cobb AP, Turbo XS BOV, ...

Hi All,

I bought my first 2012 wrx hatch in wrb and currently have a Cobb AP, Turbo XS BOV, and an AEM CAI, stock exhaust.... It is tuned with the Cobb stage 1 93 octane+aem...

I am looking to go stage 2. What is the procces? What will have to be installed other than a down pipe and could I do it myself? And how much power will I suspect to gain... Any recommended downpipes?

Will the stock exhaust sounds louder with a down pipe?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just throw the down pipe on its not to hard at all and get rid of the BOV , flash stage 2 on there just like u did stg1 on your accesport , and enjoy. The exhaust will be a Lil louder with an after market DP but not to bad . Get a TBE if your looking for it to be a lot louder

What is a TBE? And what Downpipes do you recommend?

I Support ClubWRX

Please, please, please read the stickies! Everything has been broken down for you and discussed to death in other threads. I'm sorry, but these sort of threads make me want to Hulk smash a puppy.

Here, check out this thread, it will get you started. First Modifications - what to do and not to do

Then, please search! You have an AP, so what does COBB say you need? They don't exactly hide that information.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

TBE is a turbo back exhaust ,
    Cobb and invidia make really good down pipes as well as TBE's

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah i like invidia products, i would recommend their DP
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX
    Cobb outlines the requirements for each of the maps they offer in their map notes; follow them. They also list the gains.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

FMS

Hi man!

Here is a very detailed how to tutorial for an already simple job. DIY Stage 2+ (Downpipe, Uppipe, TMIC, EBCS, Ram Intake, Wastegate Blockoff, EWG)

You will need a downpipe and like others have recommended Invidia is a great product. If you plan on using ots maps from Cobb I would recommend getting their catted one to help prevent over-boosting. That being said you may have problems over boosting till you get a tune.

Let us know if you need any parts and we would be happy to help.

Have a good day!
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook

Make ire you hear wrap the s*** out of that Up Pipe I'd also recommend silicone coating it with DEI high temp silicone.

Or you could just get an STI Up Pipe and keep the OEM heat shields. You could likely sell that BOV and get an StI Up Pipe for little to no investment.

If you want more turbo noise do a silicone turbo inlet (I recommend Perrin as many other cave over time) a hard inlet may do the same but the Perrin was cake to install!
    Last edited by careercadaver; 11-29-2012 at 01:14 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by careercadaver
    Make ire you hear wrap the s*** out of that DP I'd also recommend d silicone coating it with DEI high temp silicone.
    Meh

Quote Originally Posted by careercadaver
    Or you could just get an STI DP and keep the OEM heat shields.
    What would that accomplish? He wouldn't be able to run a S2 map with that...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by careercadaver View Post
    Make ire you hear wrap the s*** out of that DP I'd also recommend d silicone coating it with DEI high temp silicone.

Or you could just get an STI DP and keep the OEM heat shields. You coil likely sell the BOV and get an StI DP for little to no investment.

If you want more turbo noise do a silicone turbo inlet (I recommend Perrin as many other cave over time) a hard inlet may do the same but the Perrin was cake to install!
    This post killed way too many of my braincells. Those cells were supposed to live to die by alcohol consumption. But too late.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I meant the Uppipe as far as wrap and STI set-up...I was half asleep...

Ill correct my original post. I'd still wrap the DP though...with as many heat related issues to the number 3 cylinder and cv boots I'm surprised anyone would disagree with as much heat wrap as possible...
    Last edited by careercadaver; 11-29-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Why would he need an STIi uppipe? 2006+ wrx came with factory uppipes. Wake the **** up man, what Mikie said,... alcholol....alkolhol... alcolhol!

Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    Why would he need an STIi uppipe? 2006+ wrx came with factory uppipes. Wake the **** up man, what Mikie said,... alcholol....alkolhol... alcolhol!
    Is the Sti Uppipe not larger diameter? All I was saying was he could retain his heat shields that way as opposed to wrapping. I'm more familiar with the 2.0L so if that doesn't cross over to the 2.5L WRX my bad. A lot of the 2.0L wrx owners will run 2.5L STI Up Pipes.
    Last edited by careercadaver; 11-29-2012 at 01:23 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by careercadaver View Post
    Is the Sti Uppipe not larger diameter? All I was saying was he could retain his heat shields that way as opposed to wrapping. I'm more familiar with the 2.0L so if that doesn't cross over to the 2.5L WRX my bad. A lot of the 2.0L wrx owners will run 2.5L STI Up Pipes.
    The only difference is the catless pipe vs catted. Any of the 2.5L WRX engines have this, not just the STIs. If you have an aftermarket downpipe, you'll need to modify the stock turbo heat shield, or buy an aftermarket one.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.