What should be the first performance parts you put on your WRX?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on What should be the first performance parts you put on your WRX? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys and gals I wanted to know what are some of the performance parts you have put on your ...

What should be the first performance parts you put on your WRX?

Hi guys and gals I wanted to know what are some of the performance parts you have put on your WRX right out of the dealer I was thinking at least getting a cold air intake first and I need some guidance from there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

CAI (Cold Air intake) requires a tune. I'd personally, and I'm sure many very more knowledgeable members could back me up on this, the best first mod, mite quite honestly be snow tires, if you dont have them and you think you will be driving through snow. Thats safety wise. Performance wise, arguably the best first mod is a COBB AccessPort. I got one a month ago, I'm still in love and can't wait to plug it in and turn a gauge on everytime I get in the car. Not to mention how smooth the power comes through. Do some research on the COBB website on the Accessport and see if its fits your needs.

I Support ClubWRX
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

The very first thing I did to my car about 1 month from the dealer was DBA 4000 slotted rotors, Hawk Pads, Goodridge Lines, and Motul fluid. Gonna throw a firewall brace on her when she is in for her winter tire swap in two weeks.

The stock brakes suck. The braking performance improved DRASTICALLY!

Intake is way down the list. Wait until you really need your brakes at 90mph and you will see what I mean. For a little more $ than a nice Cat Back Exhaust you can lower your 0-100-0 time which is one of the most important tests of a car - if you are a real driver that is.
    2012 WRX 5 door WRB

Protune, Cobb Airbox, Cobb DP, SPT Exhaust, Short throw, DBA 4000 slotted rotors, Hawk Racing Pads, Goodridge lines, Whiteline front and rear bars and endlinks.

I Support ClubWRX
    First thing i did was add air intake, DP, exhaust and a tune
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

a good set of tools, a set with a jack and jack stands and maybe some ramps.

ETA: no, i'm not joking. they will pay for themselves in no-time.

2nd would be a cobb AP.
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal

Good tires, shocks, and brake pads.

The ones that come on the car are horrible from a performance perspective.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.

Thanks for a lot of the advice guys thinking the cold air intake is one the first things i would like to do after the reg filter needs changing same goes for most of the other stock stuff too aka brakes definitely going to take all this advice to heart. Got tools and stands and thanks for the advice i would recommend the same

Quote Originally Posted by v-rex View Post
    Thanks for a lot of the advice guys thinking the cold air intake is one the first things i would like to do after the reg filter needs changing same goes for most of the other stock stuff too aka brakes definitely going to take all this advice to heart. Got tools and stands and thanks for the advice i would recommend the same

I'm not sure if you are aware, so just a reminder, you cannot put a cold air intake onto your car unless it is tuned for it (unless it's an 02-03 model). You can do some serious damage to the motor.

Yeah I know. =/ special ordered the wrx with a performance exhaust might need that cold air intake and that DP to make the tune worth while.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator817
    I'm not sure if you are aware, so just a reminder, you cannot put a cold air intake onto your car unless it is tuned for it (unless it's an 02-03 model). You can do some serious damage to the motor.
    Every MY requires adjusting the MAF scale with an intake; to what extent, depends on the intake model.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Re: What should be the first performance parts you put on your WRX?

Quote Originally Posted by v-rex View Post
    Yeah I know. =/ special ordered the wrx with a performance exhaust might need that cold air intake and that DP to make the tune worth while.
    There is no "performance" exhaust from the factory, the SPT catback is a noisemaker. Ask your tuner what he/she thinks about an intake. It is said that the newer WRX intake is a little more restrictive than the older ones, keep in mind the older intake could handle over 300WHP stock.

Posted from a fone.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Every MY requires adjusting the MAF scale with an intake; to what extent, depends on the intake model.
    You can put a DP and CAI/SRI on an 02-03 and the car will respond well, and the motor will not run lean. This is common knowledge.

Damn you're right got wet for nothing just tool a close look at the details online I will need much Advice and appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    There is no "performance" exhaust from the factory, the SPT catback is a noisemaker. Ask your tuner what he/she thinks about an intake. It is said that the newer WRX intake is a little more restrictive than the older ones, keep in mind the older intake could handle over 300WHP stock.

Posted from a fone.

I Support ClubWRX
    Depends how much cheese you have.....best bang for the small-buck in my opinion is a short shifter. Getting what torque and HP you already have to the pavement is cheap, fun, easy to accomplish and warranty friendly.

'12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast