What should be the first performance parts you put on your WRX? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on What should be the first performance parts you put on your WRX? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Got it on the special order. Damn dealer is taking to long. =/ Guess I really want it to sound ...

Got it on the special order.
    Damn dealer is taking to long. =/
    Guess I really want it to sound sexy nothing big just yet looking for CAI and DP and exhaust and tune just want to know if thats a good set at first just to not spend so much cash gotta look into other threads to have a good guide.

Quote Originally Posted by ea126405 View Post
    Depends how much cheese you have.....best bang for the small-buck in my opinion is a short shifter. Getting what torque and HP you already have to the pavement is cheap, fun, easy to accomplish and warranty friendly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

isnt this kinda old for some of us 09-13 owners? or it should be along the same guidelines, i see alot of people posting CAI first, or maybe AP, following everything else?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    step 1 doesnt apply to 06+ wrx's or sti's. everything else is still on point.

AP is mentioned in step 3

some newer gen owners choose to do an intake first but engine management is required [and you cant always use an accessport because the maps dont support all intakes]

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Every MY requires adjusting the MAF scale with an intake; to what extent, depends on the intake model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator817 View Post
    You can put a DP and CAI/SRI on an 02-03 and the car will respond well, and the motor will not run lean. This is common knowledge.
    Really? I can just go slap on whatever intake I want? So if I go stick a 70mm APS intake or any big MAF everything will be fine because it is an 02-03? Or maybe any POS Ebay $20 intake everything will be hunky-dory? You are being at little to generalized. Like said before,it all depends on what intake.............this is also common knowledge.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

DP first... I did the DP and CAI at the same time, the car felt much much better. I also got a TP stage 2 tune.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator817
    You can put a DP and CAI/SRI on an 02-03 and the car will respond well, and the motor will not run lean. This is common knowledge.
    There's a difference between throwing a DTC due to the intake and having AF Learning outside an accepted safe margin. How about when one cell of the AF Learning table it is adding 10% fuel, then in the next it's removing 10% fuel?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I bought an AEM drop in air filter and a Magnaflow catback exhaust. I had all season performance tires installed since I live in Ohio.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12