Engine managment for new DP/UP?

This is a discussion on Engine managment for new DP/UP? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I know my car basics. I am a noob to anything other than that. I do not understand this retune/ ...

Engine managment for new DP/UP?

I know my car basics. I am a noob to anything other than that. I do not understand this retune/ engine managment. But im trying to learn more about this and this site has helped me a lot so I thought id throw the question out.

Im looking to replace my stock dp with a ERZ dp and my uppipe with _____ (help with this here). Ive been told in other threads that I need new engine management and a retune. Now I dont know a THING about this. Ive started reading about Tactrix cables basically because I dont want to spend all that money on an accessport.

Im trying to get the wrx rumble Ive heard on many wrxs in my town, the pro-drive muffler just didnt do it for me and actually made it quieter

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What car?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    What car?
    Sorry 04 wrx

I Support ClubWRX
    I like uppipes with flex sections; Grimmspeed and TurboXS are both decent choices.

As for OpenECU tuning, you can buy a base map, have a tuner send you a map/revisions via email, or go to a shop to have them put a map on your car.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    I like uppipes with flex sections; Grimmspeed and TurboXS are both decent choices.

As for OpenECU tuning, you can buy a base map, have a tuner send you a map/revisions via email, or go to a shop to have them put a map on your car.
    Ill probably just take it to a tuner then cuz I honestly have no idea about this stuff. Ill look into those uppipes also Thanks.