Engine hesatation
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Engine hesatation within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi guys ive been having this problem for a while now but its starting to annoy me, i get a ...

Engine hesatation

hi guys ive been having this problem for a while now but its starting to annoy me,

i get a split second hesitation from my car sometimes when im taking off as im realsing the clutch and sometimes when and constant throttle it only happens in closed loop when im in boost it doesnt do it ive watched my wideband gauge and it leans out to 22.4 ( max it goes) for a split second during the hesitation why is this?
    now i have decaped injectors but it was doing this problem even before that,

-could it be my purge valve solinoied? when i was changing the inlet i broke it but replaced it? and its done correctly is there a way of deleting that solienoid?
    -feul pump? i noticed on my walbro 255 (i got the fuel pump before i did the injectors) the filter is really small? could that be it?
    - bov is tightened all the way i like the sound of compresser surge down low (please no one tell me its bad for the turbo, im thinking of changing it anyways and have been running it like this for a long time)

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Have you run any logs? It almost sounds like you're just losing fuel pressure. How long have you had your walbro? Is it loud when you prime it? What are your mods, and do you have a tune?

yes ofcourse i have a tune, i tune my self my tunes atm is really good no knock, afr's just right etc etc yes i have noticd its really loud when primed and sometimes when i first start it i smell petrol

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sxcrxy View Post
    yes ofcourse i have a tune, i tune my self my tunes atm is really good no knock, afr's just right etc etc yes i have noticd its really loud when primed and sometimes when i first start it i smell petrol
    Check your fuel injectors for leaks. Swap fuel pumps. See if your injectors flow correctly. Get another tuner to look over your tune.

ive had tuners look at my tune saying its fine, and ive checked injectors already no leaks i would have to check lines and im geusing the pump

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    The fuel lines are pretty easy to check. When you say you've checked your injectors, what did you do to check them?

eye, feel and smell like i said this problem was happening before i touched the injectors but started around th same time i changed the pump

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    eye, feel and smell like i said this problem was happening before i touched the injectors but started around th same time i changed the pump
    Well then logic would say check your pump install. You probably screwed up somewhere.

yep im going to pull the pump out this weekend and check everything anything elese you would like to point to? like any other situations?

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    yep im going to pull the pump out this weekend and check everything anything elese you would like to point to? like any other situations?
    From what you said, it seems like a fueling issue. I'd check your pump, swap it out if you can, and then go from there. I had to replace my walbro because of a fuel pressure issue.

i still got the stock one but that wont run 800cc injectors?

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    i still got the stock one but that wont run 800cc injectors?
    What turbo are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    What turbo are you running?
    TTS td05 big 16 G

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.