Stock Down Pipe vs Invidia Catless DP questions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stock Down Pipe vs Invidia Catless DP questions within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so here's the scoop, I bought a stage 2 06 WRX from Miami, all STI upgrades back when it ...

Stock Down Pipe vs Invidia Catless DP questions

Ok so here's the scoop,

I bought a stage 2 06 WRX from Miami, all STI upgrades back when it had 30k (now has 88). I think it puts out somewhere around 310 at the wheels. ::Tuner Noob Alert:: It had an Invidia Catless on it & was/is still not tuned for the mountain climate. I put the stock 2 cat DP on to pass emissions, but I honestly like the way the car feels/drives & sounds with it on. I remember reading that it wasn't good to leave it on, considering the upgrades... But I would like to see what you guys have to say & I'm hoping someone else out there might be in the same boat..?

My questions;
    Am I risking blowing my turbo &/or motor, etc? Also, Am I really losing that much power? I'm confused thinking that I'm enjoying less power , lol!

FYI : My tune is locked and will cost too much for me to have it done anytime in the NEAR future, so I'll be driving as is for another month or two.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes. Yes.

Run a line from the compressor to the wastegate actuator (bypassing the BCS). That will make the car as safe as can be without a retune. When you can afford a retune, do it (sooner rather than later).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Thank you fine sir... I'll get my cat-less back on ASAP.. & a tune as soon as I can afford it

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.