Turbo-back exhaust
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Turbo-back exhaust within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; If I wanted to do a catless turbo-back exhaust... 1) Would a tune be required? 2) What material should I ...

Turbo-back exhaust

If I wanted to do a catless turbo-back exhaust...

1) Would a tune be required?
    2) What material should I go with?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

1. Yes, a tune is needed for pretty much any power mod on these cars.
    2. What do you mean material?

You don't need a full TBE, just get a DP, the catback part is just a noise maker and provides little to no gains.

Also... do a search.. there is all of this info all over the place.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

O crap...a tuner is like 600 dollars...and I meant like the material of the pipe. I was thinking aluminum.
    And as for the catless part, I just read it can cause boost creep because of lack of back pressure

Quote Originally Posted by MrManny View Post
    O crap...a tuner is like 600 dollars...and I meant like the material of the pipe. I was thinking aluminum.
    And as for the catless part, I just read it can cause boost creep because of lack of back pressure
    Yeah, but I have a DP and CAI and I don't have any boost creep issues. I wouldn't worry about that with just the DP. Material... well SS is what most people get, but like I said, a CBE is a noise maker ... and about a 800-1500.00 noise maker. Hardly worth it IMO anyway. You can get a tune with Eric at Torqued Performance, he has OTS maps, but he tweaks them and it's 80.00. Just getting a tune alone on a stock WRX will add quite a bit of power though if you just wanted to get more bang for your buck.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

I Support ClubWRX
    Most exhausts are stainless steel
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Ok thanks and btw I don't have to worry about the catback, my car came with it when I bought it so I guess I just need that downpipe.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.