Dyno sheet? virtual dyno
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Dyno sheet? virtual dyno within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi guys done a log today how accurate do use think this is? smoothing factor at 6, on board weight ...

Dyno sheet? virtual dyno

hi guys done a log today how accurate do use think this is?

smoothing factor at 6, on board weight around 185- 200kg (400lbs) (thats 2 people inc driver and a bag of tools in the boot)

ambient temp 17 degrees celcius
    boost creeps abit, top end richens up alot (maf needs some work)
    320whp?!?

im happy about these results but how accurate do you think it is?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dynoe.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	109437

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Virtual Dyno?

Not accurate at all haha. Sorry.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Notice that big dip in the middle? What gear did you use? I never go off one pull either. I use multiple and use the average.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    It can be useful if the information is input correctly. Were you only logging RPM, TOA, PSI, and WBO2? Was "Fast Polling" on?

Notice how it TQ/HP doesn't cross @ 5252 RPMs? That graph is useless.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Virtual Dyno?

Not accurate at all haha. Sorry.
    Might want to do a comparison of your own before you knock it Its closer than you think buddy. Its been compared to a lot of DynoJets nationwide.

I do agree that this graph isnt accurate because its showing two large humps in it even for smoothing of 6. I bet it is hiding two large spikes which are usually a result of crappy data from the logger. If you notice and manually analyze the data from an AccessPort in fast logging mode. Its complete garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Notice that big dip in the middle? What gear did you use? I never go off one pull either. I use multiple and use the average.
    i did a 3rd gear pull ive used other pulls aswell around 290 - 300 whp but this one is the highest ive ever gotten after i tweaked the map abit i loged the following

engine load
    engine speed
    iam
    ignition total timing
    knock correction advance
    manifold relative pressure direct
    mass air flow g/s
    mass air flow voltage
    throttle opening
    feedback knock correction
    fine learning knock correction
    innovate wideband afr

i had alot of parameters because i didnt do this pull for the dyno i was just checking up on the map i tweaked abit

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    If that dip is indicative of your average pull, you need to work on your tune.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    If that dip is indicative of your average pull, you need to work on your tune.
    i just went over the log that dip is cause because of throttle opening position turns out i have backed off to 90% from 4300 to 4699, theres a floor mat that sometimes slips and get in the way, so thats why theres a dip

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    That doesn't sound safe at all..

lol :P it only affects wot sometimes otherthan that its okk

For now it only affects WOT sometimes. Anything that gets in the way of normal pedal movement is extremely dangerous. How do you know when it might get in the way of braking normally for the first time and what situation you'll be in? RIP in that case...

I'd say that graph is pretty useless. Maybe it's somewhat accurate, maybe it's not, but in reality you need a real dyno run to get any useful information.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by bbarnhill View Post
    Might want to do a comparison of your own before you knock it Its closer than you think buddy. Its been compared to a lot of DynoJets nationwide.
    For where I was going with my comment, see below.

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Maybe it's somewhat accurate, maybe it's not, but in reality you need a real dyno run to get any useful information.
    But for what it's worth, I've also read a number of anecdotes about getting inconsistent results with virtual dyno. But what I really meant was it is absolutely no replacement for a real dyno. Sorry I wasn't clear.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    For where I was going with my comment, see below.

But for what it's worth, I've also read a number of anecdotes about getting inconsistent results with virtual dyno. But what I really meant was it is absolutely no replacement for a real dyno. Sorry I wasn't clear.
    There are nay sayers in every group. Virtual Dyno only reflects readings that the logger records. If the user is not aware that hills and taking a log while on an interstate on ramp is a bad idea. I cant code for those scenarios. User error accounts for a lot of the 'bug reports'. I will agree that most dynos are a better way to get information. I will preface this with the fact of it only being true if the dyno operator isnt a complete moron. Ive seen them lead people into thinking they were making power that they werent.

Now as far as a tuning tool there are SEVERAL people using this for what its meant for which is showing power before and after mods. That is what a dyno is for actually. The community consistently misuses dynos and virtual dyno by thinking they are to compare cars on peak power. Now I could go on and on about misuse and things Ive seen done but that isnt going to change your mind. I will leave you with this though. Who wants to drop 70$ on 3 pulls when you can get Virtual Dyno for free and make a few passes and tune and then get the final numbers from one dyno session instead of 2-3 sessions. Virtual Dyno saves you money in the long run and saves a lot of people from having to drive hours to the nearest dyno. So I wouldnt write it off yet.

One thing that baffles me is why is the subaru market the only market that whines about a free tool that has been proven to be pretty darn accurate and its FREE!!

Also if you notice he is using newton meters of torque instead of foot pounds which will not cross at 5252 ... just noticed this based on the comment above.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sxcrxy View Post
    i did a 3rd gear pull ive used other pulls aswell around 290 - 300 whp but this one is the highest ive ever gotten after i tweaked the map abit i loged the following

engine load
    engine speed
    iam
    ignition total timing
    knock correction advance
    manifold relative pressure direct
    mass air flow g/s
    mass air flow voltage
    throttle opening
    feedback knock correction
    fine learning knock correction
    innovate wideband afr

i had alot of parameters because i didnt do this pull for the dyno i was just checking up on the map i tweaked abit
    Like Matthew said (EJ257), horsepower and torque never cross. The information or dyno graph is just plain bad.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.