COBB accessport problems...

This is a discussion on COBB accessport problems... within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone! So I read all these amazing reviews on the Cobb Accessport and decided to buy one. I have ...

COBB accessport problems...

Hey everyone!

So I read all these amazing reviews on the Cobb Accessport and decided to buy one. I have an 02 WRX stock other than a HKS blow off valve and a down pipe so went straight to stage 2. However, the power gain is very small and barely even notice a difference even though the port says I should be running almost 300 horse. Does anyone have any suggestions/idea's or anything that could help. I would really appreciate it. Thank you!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The stage 2 map is not meant to be used with a bov.

Also, you will not be seeing 300whp. Maybe more like 230WHP on a high reading dyno

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

yea its not a huge gain thats going to throw u back in your seat every gear. it is noticeable i thought

I Support ClubWRX
    What boost are you hitting in 3rd gear WOT pulls?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

take off the bov
    Blob eye syndicate #1414
    Wagon mafia

and like ej said monitor your boost and let us no what your pushing
    Blob eye syndicate #1414
    Wagon mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Zwilks14 View Post
    take off the bov
    but put a stock bpv on some ppl would just fully take it off lol, never knoww

wow. I really appreciate all the replys.. and how quickly too, I'm JUST starting to learn about cars so please excuse my knowledge haha and with that said how hard/safe is it to take off my self? knowing close to nothing... and do I need to put a stock bov to replace it or is stock just nothing there?

EJ257; Once again sorry for being a nub but how can I tell what boost im hitting in 3ed gear? I know I have a boost gauge but obviously its always moving. should I just say whats the top number it gets too?

Once again everyone thanks for the replys!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes,you need to install the stock BPV. If you don't have one look on your local forums for a used one or contact your nearest dealer parts dept.

You have to do a WOT pull in third gear. See how high the boost gauge reads.

Or use the AP to datalog by doing some third gear WOT pulls in a safe environment. It will show you what boost you are hitting with some other parameters.And upload the datalog to google docs,publish it & post it.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

rage-wrx; I took the bov off and replaced it with a stock one. I used my AP and found out I can go up to 16 psi. however, I had no idea what datalog option to use or how to load it on my pc(i think the plug for the AP doesnt work because my pc can't even read its plugged in.

suggestion?

I Support ClubWRX
    To view logs on your computer or to connect the AP to your PC,you will have to go on the Cobb Website & download the accessport manager software AccessPORT-Support

The video below from Cobb will give you an idea of how to datalog & what parameters you need to monitor & log. Once you have downloaded the datalog onto your computer,use your google account to log onto Google docs,upload the datalog & make sure you publish it so that others can see it. Post the link.

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    1) I agree with everyone else.... find a stock BPV on eBay or something and put it back on. Make sure the recirculating hose is hooked up correctly.

2) Check your Y-pipe and your I/C to Manifold coupler for leaks

3) Your intake - Is it a K&N drop-in or a high quality aftermarket?

4) Cobb Stage 2 tunes are designed for use with a full TBE with a bellmouth downpipe... not just a downpipe by itself.. Do you still have a Cat in the car? How namy miles? Possible it is old and/or clogged? Is your downpipe a bellmouth downpipe?

Stage 2 is a pretty significant upgrade. It was worth about 50 hp on my 2006 model. Your 02 might not be quite as much (2.0 vs. 2.5), but you should still notice a considerable difference.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com