Questions on stage 2 upgrade (downpipe/ap) - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Questions on stage 2 upgrade (downpipe/ap) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I must say, after a week of this setup (Catless DP w/ Muffler Delete) I hate it. Sure it sounds ...

I must say, after a week of this setup (Catless DP w/ Muffler Delete) I hate it. Sure it sounds real nice when you get on it and you're having some fun, but for everyday use it's just too much. My cold starts sound like a diesel truck and it just attracts too much attention IMO. So I think I should ditch the muffler delete and go for a more conservative catback. I don't want quiet but I don't want ear deafening. I think a Q300 with my Tomei Catless DP will be a nice alternative. From what I've seen the Q300's are fairly quiet until you get on it, which is what I want. What do you guys think?

And here's a video of my cold start: 2013 Stage 2 WRX Cold Start - YouTube
    And of it in general: Nameless Axleback + Catless Downpipe (2013 WRX) - YouTube

Thanks
    pauller
    2013 Stage 2 SWP WRX Sedan
    DGR Coils-Invidia Q300 Ti Tip-Tomei 3in Catless Downpipe- Cobb AP w/ Stage 2+ 93 Map-Cobb SF Intake

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so loud hahaha
    12' WRB WRX sedan
    -Cobb Accessport- Stage 2
    -Invidia Catted DP W/Custom Catback
    -AEM CAI Intake
    -Rally Armor Urethane Mud Flaps

I Support ClubWRX

Questions on stage 2 upgrade (downpipe/ap)

Throw the 4" or 5" on there. I doubt you'd like the Magnaflow version. But dam that is loud, lose the skinny jeans while you're at it, you and my brother are part of a horrible fad

I'm going to go with a catback instead. And no, I will not stop wearing slim jeans, they're comfortable and I like them.
    pauller
    DGR Coils-Invidia Q300 Ti Tip-Tomei 3in Catless Downpipe- Cobb AP w/ Stage 2+ 93 Map-Cobb SF Intake

I Support ClubWRX

Questions on stage 2 upgrade (downpipe/ap)

They're actually comfortable?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pauller
    And no, I will not stop wearing slim jeans, they're comfortable and I like them.
    You are probably also a tighty-whitey advocate, aren't you?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

My mind is made; I'll be ordering a Q300 burnt tip sometime soon and will be ditching this setup.
    pauller

Quote Originally Posted by pauller View Post
    I'm going to go with a catback instead. And no, I will not stop wearing slim jeans, they're comfortable and I like them.
    I refuse to believe they are comfortable...unless you have no frank and beans.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I refuse to believe they are comfortable...unless you have no frank and beans.
    I can't imagine my frank and beans constantly getting pushed inside me :shudders:....
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Well damn they're not even skinny, just a bit fitted, hence being more comfortable than wearing trash bags on your legs..
    pauller

I Support ClubWRX
    Last I checked I was 107 kg. Skinny jeans are inadequate... Still, I can't imagine any situation where the choices are "more generous" vs. "more confining" and I would opt for "more confining." Just curious. I can (almost) understand some sort of fashion statement, but not how they'd be seen as comfortable. Anyway, I digress...
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Dude I'm sorry I made this about your clothes and not your car. Sorry.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax
    I can't live without Mikie's frank and beans constantly getting pushed inside me ....
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by matsayz View Post
    Dude I'm sorry I made this about your clothes and not your car. Sorry.
    Typical Clubdub wanderingthreaditis.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I definitely see where you guys are coming from and maybe I'm just weird. I've never really been a fan of baggy pants personally but to each his own.

Now, back on topic, I put the stock mufflers back on and it sounds a lot better; like stock but a little louder. The video I made doesn't really do justice though.

Tomei 3in Catless Downpipe (2013 WRX) - YouTube
    pauller

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.