Intake issue on a 2013 wrx - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Intake issue on a 2013 wrx within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by dt3v3wrxyz ? Im sure the dealer has it. Should I try to get it? I just wanted ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dt3v3wrxyz
    ? Im sure the dealer has it. Should I try to get it? I just wanted to ensure my warranty wouldn't be void and the mechanic said " All systems were functioning the way they are supposed to and that if anything changes or any lights come on, bring your wrx back in with the stock airbox because replacement of the factory intake would then be necessary. but for now theres no issues". He also said that the specific diameter and placement of the MAF sensor was the key to setting up an intake that works with no tune. He also told me that the gain in power is going to be minimal at best but the sound is much better. Only a tune after the warranty is up, will give significant gains in hp. soi He advised me to wait to do any major upgrades.
    Unless they welded in an aftermarket WBO2 sensor into the downpipe, they can't tell you about AFRs.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's what I thought.. All I know is that they said the computer is reading everything correctly and that the warranty is not void with the intake on as it is. Once I alter the ECU or program anything I lose the warranty so just leave it as it is and if anything changes, replace it with the factory/stock intake to prevent any possible issues later on. I guess Im just lucky that there is no check engine light* for now, and everything feels and reads ok according to Subaru. A friend of mine used a 2009 SPT intake modified to his 2013 WRX and he also has no issues. So Im thinking th PErrin and the Old SPT intake are the only ones that don't absolutely need a tune. I want to tune it with an AccessPort but Im not going to void my warrant for 20- 30 HP No thanks Ill take the measly 4-8 HP without a tune and just enjoy the great sound from the intake and turbo while in warranty. It seems most mods require a tune no matter what but there are lucky breaks here and there for a few of us. Im going to try to get the data log from my dealer so I can post it

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    On the 02-07 WRX/STi the Perrin was one of the absolute worst as far as screwy MAF readings and turbulence around the sensor. It wouldn't necessarily throw engine codes, but it could kill an engine.

I guess if you plan on trading the car in before the warranty is up, and the dealer has given you a written statement that they are fine with the intake warranty wise.. then I don't see too much of a problem.. although whoever ends up with the car after you will kind of be screwed over, which I consider bad car karma.

And for what it's worth, most dealership tech's wouldn't have a clue what a datalog is, let alone have the equipment or know how to record one.. so I'll be surprised if you actually provide that.

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by dt3v3wrxyz View Post
    and that the warranty is not void with the intake on as it is
    Who told you this? If your motor fails and SOA deems that it was the intake (a probably conclusion), they have every right to deny your warranty claim.

You are arguing with a group of very skilled individuals armed with MUCH more knowledge than yourself (this is evident). Please, for the sake of others in the community, stop spreading false information.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Eh, Ill go ahead and trust the written, signed agreement from SOA, my dealership owner and mechanic....No matter how knowledgeable one is, no matter how many 1000+HP Subies you built, youre not going to be able to sign anything and supply repairs at no charge like the factory. Again, listen to the makers of a product and those who work on that product for a living. =)

..Loving my Subie with no tune. saved me $5-700 not getting tune, and not tossing my warranty in the toilet Thanks for installing and testing and ensuring that its ok. Thanks Subaru for helping me to do things right and not have to worry about tuning or warranty issues.

zax
    I'd love for you to upload this document claiming that the warranty will never be void from an intake installed.

As it stands right now you are full of **** AND contributing to false information that could potentially damage another member's car.

Facebook me here

I Support ClubWRX
    Eh, Ill go ahead and trust the written, signed agreement from SOA, my dealership owner and mechanic....No matter how knowledgeable one is, no matter how many 1000+HP Subies you built, youre not going to be able to sign anything and supply repairs at no charge like the factory. Again, listen to the makers of a product and those who work on that product for a living. =)

..Loving my Subie with no tune. saved me $5-700 not getting tune, and not tossing my warranty in the toilet Thanks for installing and testing and ensuring that its ok. Thanks Subaru for helping me to do things right and not have to worry about tuning or warranty issues.

Thanks for the compliment. =) Idiots always know the way to make the smart ones realize they should of gone with the pro's.

"Sometimes one gets lucky, sometimes one spends a sh*tload of $ for no reason"

I Support ClubWRX
    In light of the rules I'll request that we keep this polite. Personal insults are not permitted. Thanks in advance.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

zax
    So are you complying with my request?

Facebook me here

no matter how many 1000+HP Subies you built, youre not going to be able to sign anything and supply repairs at no charge like the factory.

Really? Because the shop I used for years (not Subaru dealership) gave me a written warranty with my built engine, that was signed.. and they preceded to do warranty work and replace parts free of charge when needed. In fact, they replaced a lot of aftermarket parts that Subaru would never be able to sell to you.. but I guess you're saying that didn't actually happen? Or that they are physically unable to sign a warranty? I'm not really sure what you're trying to get at..

Oh.. and my warranty would have been void immediately had I ever not ran a proper tune on the car, it was actually in the paper work that NOT tuning the car would forfeit my engine warranty.

[still waiting on that datalog]

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    On the 02-07 WRX/STi the Perrin was one of the absolute worst as far as screwy MAF readings and turbulence around the sensor.
    That and the Injen intake...that thing is horrid.

Lulz...a written agreement from SOA??? That's laughable
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234