cobb access port on 06 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on cobb access port on 06 wrx within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have a 2006 impreza wrx 2.5L turbo with a K&N typhoon cold air intake and Invidia racing series catback ...

i have a 2006 impreza wrx 2.5L turbo with a K&N typhoon cold air intake and Invidia racing series catback exhaust. will a cobb access port tuner help with my performance? and will all the preset maps work with the modifications i already have?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum. You need to read the map notes (which will tell you that intake isn't supported). If you want to use OTS maps you need to go back to stock or get a supported intake (AEM or Cobb). Have you looked at their site at all? I don't understand why you're asking if it will help with performance... That's the whole point...
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

thanks....so i would have to build a custom map for the intake i have? or my only option is AEM or cobb intakes? and what would happen if i ran it anyway?.. yeah sorry that didn't come out right i meant to say was since i already have those 2 modifications is the performance upgrade still substantial and can you really feel it? pretty much is it worth the money?

If you possess the skills to create a tune yourself you wouldn't be here asking so I assume you mean you'd have to find someone to create a tune. Assuming the person knows what they're doing, they can tune for just about anything (within reason). But the cost and trouble of doing that is far more than just selling your intake and getting a supported one. If you ran it anyway you could definitely run into issues with the car running well and/or CELs.

Personally I've run stage 1 tunes for a lot of miles on a couple of Subarus and on the older models they don't give nearly as much gain as on the newer cars. On your car I'd look into a downpipe if you really want to feel a power gain. But you can do that along with the AP anyway so there's no reason you couldn't buy one and see how it feels to you and then go stage 2 if you want.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I have an 06 wrx with a Cobb since I bought the car new in 06 and I love it I have the vf43 turbo and Sti top mount on your mods I see you said cat back do you still have the stock down pipe on the car? Stage 1 is not a big difference but if you add a bell mouth down pipe and go stage 2 you'll see a big difference

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.