stock engine ( how much awhp can it take?.) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on stock engine ( how much awhp can it take?.) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'd like 300 HP. See in my old car 300 whp was the most you can do reliably and have ...

I'd like 300 HP. See in my old car 300 whp was the most you can do reliably and have it last for.years

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    2 words... Mod Bug!! lol
    You dont have to tell me about the mod bug. Between the two Mustangs Ive modded I could have paid in full for my STI straight up ....not counting the price of either car also. I have the dealership warranty holding me back as well. I can do some stuff but not much. This is not a Subaru warranty, its the dealership warranty that came w/ the car for the life of it as long as I own it. But I cant mod the hell out of it either.
    2007 WRX STI- Stock 13.8@102

Quote Originally Posted by Venom351R View Post
    You dont have to tell me about the mod bug. Between the two Mustangs Ive modded I could have paid in full for my STI straight up ....not counting the price of either car also. I have the dealership warranty holding me back as well. I can do some stuff but not much. This is not a Subaru warranty, its the dealership warranty that came w/ the car for the life of it as long as I own it. But I cant mod the hell out of it either.

Yep, I had 2 Evo's, an MS3, and a 370z before this car... all of them had some sort of mods... one of the Evo's having 4 or 5 grand in it... it made 380 whp though so that was fun.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

I have to consider also how long I am going to keep the car. If I decide to get a 2015 or 2016 STI then I could mod this one now knowing that the chances of having any sever problems in the next few years would be slim. But If I keep it for the long haul it would be different. So I'm kinda stuck as far as what I will do, but I do know I need a short throw shifter soon.
    2007 WRX STI- Stock 13.8@102

Quote Originally Posted by Venom351R View Post
    I have to consider also how long I am going to keep the car. If I decide to get a 2015 or 2016 STI then I could mod this one now knowing that the chances of having any sever problems in the next few years would be slim. But If I keep it for the long haul it would be different. So I'm kinda stuck as far as what I will do, but I do know I need a short throw shifter soon.
    I think some people here already stated that the car will treat you as you treat it. For me... is it as reliable hp wise as the mitsu 4g63? Not at all... BUT if you're not pushing a pretty high amount of power and/or dumping the clutch at every stop light the car will be fine. Subaru as far as I know has long been noted for it's reliability.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.