COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 + AEM 93, WHATS NEXT??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 + AEM 93, WHATS NEXT?? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an idea but I would like to hear from other people what I need to do next to ...

COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 + AEM 93, WHATS NEXT??

I have an idea but I would like to hear from other people what I need to do next to gain more HP.

I have a 2010 Subaru WRX sedan: I have the following on the car now

Cobb Accessport Stage 2+ AEM 93
    Cobb Catted Downpipe
    Nameless Axleback Exhaust
    Custom MagnaFlow Mid-Pipe
    AEM Intake
    Godspeed Front Mount Intercooler

Does anyone know how much HP to the wheels I possibly have now?
    I want to get at least to 350hp possibly to 400hp.
    Please help me with the next step of modifications would be, also parts at a reasonable price.
    Please list in steps and order I appreciate it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	car old wrx.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	109237

Thank you looking forward to everyones advice!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You don't want 400 hp imo... you don't realize how much power that actually is in one of these cars. An AP map is very reserved and i'd be surprised if you were at 300 whp right now tbh (just a guess though). I'd go maybe with a fuel pump, some injectors, a protune and call it a day at around 320 or so whp... trust me, it will be MUCH faster than you realize.... oh and a 3 port.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

I say that about the 400 hp because most agree that at that power level that you will have to start building the motor up. Can start getting rather expensive at the 400 hp mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Best10WRX View Post
    I have an idea but I would like to hear from other people what I need to do next to gain more HP.

I have a 2010 Subaru WRX sedan: I have the following on the car now

Cobb Accessport Stage 2+ AEM 93
    Cobb Catted Downpipe
    Nameless Axleback Exhaust
    Custom MagnaFlow Mid-Pipe
    AEM Intake
    Godspeed Front Mount Intercooler

Does anyone know how much HP to the wheels I possibly have now?
    I want to get at least to 350hp possibly to 400hp.
    Please help me with the next step of modifications would be, also parts at a reasonable price.
    Please list in steps and order I appreciate it.

Thank you looking forward to everyones advice!
    Depending on the dyno and conditions you are around 270whp currently. 350whp will be tough to hit on the stock turbo unless you have E85 available and it's still a stretch. 400whp will require a decent build and decent size turbo. At that level the motor won't last long so will need the funds set aside for a motor build.

Having said that, what is your budget?
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

how much hp do you gain from a fmic?

Quote Originally Posted by Zwilks14 View Post
    how much hp do you gain from a fmic?
    It's not about how much you gain, it's more about later on your mods. For instance (and I don't know a lot about this stuff) but a FMIC will help more with a larger turbo. There are many who believe that a good PW TMIC is just as good. You just have those few seconds to get cooler air, but ultimately you have to be pushing more hp before a FMIC really starts to help. This is just from what i've read.

i'll add that i've looked into the FMIC, but for me, it's not worth some of the cutting that has to be done and in some cases removing the crash beam... which is just stupid IMO.

@ Methodical4 , Thank you for you advice. I'm not looking to totally rebuild. I'm only looking to put another grand or 2 more into it. Ill buy a fuel pump, injectors and protune. Could I buy a better turbo too? Or do I need other parts to go with it after the fuel pump and injectors? If so what size turbo and name would u recommend. Thank you!

Godspeed actually gives you a crash beam front support with the kit, but who knows the reliability it actually has.

@ Methodical4 , Thank you for you advice. I'm not looking to totally rebuild. I'm only looking to put another grand or 2 more into it. Ill buy a fuel pump, injectors and protune. Could I buy a better turbo too? Or do I need other parts to go with it after the fuel pump and injectors? If so what size turbo and name would u recommend. Thank you!
    You would be better to get advice from others as far as the turbo suggestions go. I was looking at a 20g, but it really depends on your power needs/wants. If the turbo isn't to big most recommend at least the fuel pump + injectors. Which themselves can be expensive. With a TMIC, the fuel pump and the injectors you should be around 1500-1700.00 (if it's the PW TMIC), that will give you all of the power you need. Ask Eric, he's got 315 whp/346 wtq.... ask him how quick his car is in comparison to most on the road lol. You also have to factor in the protune which will run you around 500.00 so that will be your 2 grand. I wouldn't worry to much about a turbo until later on at least.

YouTube

This is my car sound with everything I have on it so far.

Godspeed actually gives you a crash beam front support with the kit, but who knows the reliability it actually has.
    Yeah, I just don't trust anything that's not OEM when it comes to that. The car is made for everything to work together... some people are ok with that, which is cool. I have a Wife I have to think about, so for me it's not ok.

Ok thank you for your help

what about an up pipe with or without divorced waste gate? i heard the newer cars its not as great of a mod? hate to thread steal but im interested in this also. i have pretty much exact same setup but with tp tune and no intercooler. what bout porting the stock turbo?
    boost is like alcohol, its fun and great in moderation, to much and something's gonna go boom.

Quote Originally Posted by plasmarex12 View Post
    what about an up pipe with or without divorced waste gate? i heard the newer cars its not as great of a mod? hate to thread steal but im interested in this also. i have pretty much exact same setup but with tp tune and no intercooler. what bout porting the stock turbo?

A lot of people have EWG's... i'm not turbo savvy enough to know why it's better... but it is. The up-pipe from what i've read is basically a waste of money, again, IF you aren't pushing pretty big power which most of us will not meet that level. One thing I had looked at was an o2 dump tube. People can see some pretty decent gains from those I think. DP, CAI, TMIC, Injectors, fuel pump, CBE (not really needed again unless pushing pretty big power), 3 port BCS, one step colder plugs (maybe)... all of that on a lower reading dyno would likely net you I would say 320-330 whp. This is again just from what i've read from other people's builds and such.

Keep in mind that you are in a 3200 lb car so the hp to weight ratio is going to make the car much faster than other, heavier cars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast