forged pistons?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on forged pistons? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi guys, i bought my car stock about a year ago only had a tbe 3" ever since i bought ...

forged pistons?

hi guys, i bought my car stock about a year ago only had a tbe 3" ever since i bought it, i burn oil realy quick, i know turbo cars burn abit of oil wich is normal but my oil finishes (after a service) 200 km i would look on the dipstick and there would be only a dip of oil left, no i dont have any blue smoke ( only under hard acceleration but very faint), turbo has been changed didnt fix the problem( got a brand new turbo td05) , no leaks checked rocker cover gaskets, sump, sump plug, rear main, chrankshaft seal, turbo return line, theres no leaks at all,valve stem seals dont seem to be blowing smoke? compression is good around 150 @ each piston wich leaves me to my last conclusion, forged pistons i heard they burn alot of oil this true? i think the previous owner had abit of work done to the car due to finding cut boost lines in the cabin, underneath engine covers missing (possability of front mount)
    so bassicly is there anyways of seeing if internals are stock? without ripping it apart lol or could there be another explaination of my oil problem i use to use
    fully synthetic 5 w-30 royal purple, now i use fully synthetic 10 - 30w penrite, should i use something thicker?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You could use a bore scope to look at the piston tops. I would change the oil to a 5w-40 or 10w-40.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    You could use a bore scope to look at the piston tops. I would change the oil to a 5w-40 or 10w-40.
    arlight thanks when i have the time i will check the piston tops but is there anything in particular i am looking for? and yes next service ill go to 10 w- 40 sounds reasonable

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.