injector question + adding hp?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on injector question + adding hp? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I have a 18g turbo from blouch had a set of 650 cc DW Injectors, need new ones. If ...

Cool injector question + adding hp?

So I have a 18g turbo from blouch had a set of 650 cc DW Injectors, need new ones. If I got bigger Injectors will it give me anymore HP even before refining the tune with my older school access port? Other mods too. And if I wanted to go 600+ from 300 awhp what could you ladies and gentleman refer me too?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You should talk to your tuner and see what he recommends. I can't tell if you are out of injector head room or not. If you can log a pull including injector duty cycle you'll be able to see your answer on that end of things.

600+ hp is an epic jump from 300whp. I didn't see that you specified whether you were on a 2.0 or 2.5L... but at that power level you'll be giving up some serious reliability and daily driving fun. I'd re-evaluate your goal there personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyWRX View Post
    So I have a 18g turbo from blouch had a set of 650 cc DW Injectors, need new ones. If I got bigger Injectors will it give me anymore HP even before refining the tune with my older school access port? Other mods too. And if I wanted to go 600+ from 300 awhp what could you ladies and gentleman refer me too?

Injectors in and of themselves will not net you any more hp.. and any different injector MUST be tuned for, other wise it will be dumping far more/less fuel than the ECU expects.

As for 600+, is this a track only car that will be trailered, or do you plan on driving it on a regular basis? I can tell you what's needed to hit 600+, but you should have at least $20k set aside for it, along with another car to drive.

I know that kind sir, I'm asking if the 18g turbo will hold a bigger cc to give me a higher boost? And the dumping of the fuel is why I.got my access port along with my computer program. I tune it myself after MZM from Austin did. Increased it 30 HP after they played with it. I'm new to mapping personally and did the new aem cold air induction and I'm starving to learn more. Lol

And strictly track, she is my weekender at the strip n autocross events on post.. I've got my sc300 for my daily. And 20k? Guess ill wait till after my deployment to do this :/ what about for now? Like tuning w/ bolt ons? I know I wana bigger turbo at least min 400 before I redeploy, God forbid something happens I wana at least had some fun lol

My apology heide I didn't see ya up there Haha using my phone so again I apologise. I have a ej20 is all willing to.get I forgot the head bolts that are a new kinda stronger design with new heads. But I know ill end up needing a stronger block. But I see civic owners running d16s (crappiest 4 Cyl) to 500+ I don't see why ours couldn't do the same even as i kinda changed my mind to 400 for now stock.

I Support ClubWRX
    I know that kind sir, I'm asking if the 18g turbo will hold a bigger cc to give me a higher boost? And the dumping of the fuel is why I.got my access port along with my computer program. I tune it myself after MZM from Austin did. Increased it 30 HP after they played with it. I'm new to mapping personally and did the new aem cold air induction and I'm starving to learn more. Lol

And strictly track, she is my weekender at the strip n autocross events on post.. I've got my sc300 for my daily. And 20k? Guess ill wait till after my deployment to do this :/ what about for now? Like tuning w/ bolt ons? I know I wana bigger turbo at least min 400 before I redeploy, God forbid something happens I wana at least had some fun lol

18g shouldn't max out 650s on 93 octane.. you never said what car it is, or what fuel you're running.

Best thing to do would be to research a lot, and build the engine/heads. 400whp is enough to ruin a stock engine. 18g is still a relatively small turbo in the big picture. 400whp will be a lot easier on e85 or race fuel, and you could probably get away with keeping the stock engine for a little while (depending on what car you have).

For 600whp you will need minimum, built shortblock with some tough rods (turbo tuffs or pauters). Built heads (port and polished, 272 cams minimum, complete aftermarket valvetrain). Rotated GTX3582r with a large turbine housing (1.06 A/R twinscroll, Ultimate Racing twincroll header/uppipe kit). ETS 4" FMIC.. methanol or e85. Probably $1000 worth of fuel system. If the car is a WRX you will need a six speed transmission. I can give you more details if you want...

This is one of those things, if you have to ask, you're not ready.
    Last edited by MainFrame; 10-27-2012 at 11:32 PM.

Wait a minute I apologise again I did say "even before refining my tune" I'm an idiot, and outta it I guess

I Support ClubWRX
    My apology heide I didn't see ya up there Haha using my phone so again I apologise. I have a ej20 is all willing to.get I forgot the head bolts that are a new kinda stronger design with new heads. But I know ill end up needing a stronger block. But I see civic owners running d16s (crappiest 4 Cyl) to 500+ I don't see why ours couldn't do the same even as i kinda changed my mind to 400 for now stock.

You're probably going to want to switch to a 2.5L block, and rework your heads to get the proper quench area for the 99.5mm cylinder. If you want to see a parts list to get a decent 500whp from a car that came with an ej205 then take a look into my build thread. COTM February 2011

It's an 04 WRX on 93 or 91 it varies a lot here its weird. I'd love to rebuild her, I just don't have a place to do it except for my buddies who has a dyno....but his wife..... She hates my wife stupid stuff -_- so we have to sneek being friends Haha and really? 400? Well I guess I could see how :/ isn't it? That's why I wana upgrade to a bigger one, just isnt enough for me at all. Na I don't wan possibly get away I'd feel safer just rebuilding....

And only if you would like... I don't wana feel I'm wasting your time good sir. I leave Jan 2014 and come back Nov 2014 so it would be a lil while before I could do this honestly. Plus again finding a place I can build a engine. Nothing makes me happier than being under the hood of my baby.

YEA! I'M QUITE INTERESTED. THANK YOU!

I Support ClubWRX
    I would suggest purchasing a built longblock from a reputable Subie builder. These things are touchy.. to do it right requires several thousand dollars worth of equipment. You could install it yourself, but as far as the actual engine/head build and tune, you'd be best off paying a professional.

Honestly, if you want that much power, you'd be better off selling the car and buying an STi. You will come out ahead $$ wise after having to swap the block and transmission and everything.

I mean all it takes is studying I know mechanics just not subies very well. And tuning a map I will more than likely pay someone than again I do have 2 years to study that's Ll I do is work and read upon performance and mapping. And I just might do that Mainframe I wana keep her though only 45k on her and slowly rising. She's got sentiment. I'd love to work for Subaru of America one day sounds dank. And your whip gave me a hard on haha.

What could you recommend me to increase my output power? Even to 350 or above while not passing the threshold....

I Support ClubWRX
    What exactly are your current mods? I think all you said was 18g and DW 650s... what 18g? What exhaust? Intake? Intercooler? Is e85 available in your area?

COBB ACCESSPORT, CUSTOM CATCH CAN, BLOUCH 18g TURBO, DW 650cc INJECTORS, OFF-ROAD 3" DOWNPIPE, 3" PERFORMANCE CATBACK EXHAUST, SS AUTO MASSIVE FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER, SS AUTO INTERCOOLER PIPING, APS BYPASS VALVE, PERRIN TURBO INLET, CUSTOM HKS POP CHARGER INTAKE, PERRIN LIGHTWEIGHT CRANK PULLEY, ACT SPRUNG 6-PUCK CLUTCH, ACT STREETLITE FLYWHEEL, KARTBOY SHORT SHIFTER, KARTBOY SHIFTER BUSHINGS BC RACING FULLY ADJUSTABLE COILOVER SUSPENSION W/DAMPNERS, FRONT STI STRUT TOWER BRACE the dp and catback are no names and my injector no.1 just took a dump on me so I need a new set. And only if I travel 300 miles can I get e85. No performance shops here that's why I gotta do everything myself...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast