injector question + adding hp? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on injector question + adding hp? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What about an uppipe? That's an essential part for any 02-05 WRX.. the catalytic converter in the uppipe not only ...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    What about an uppipe? That's an essential part for any 02-05 WRX.. the catalytic converter in the uppipe not only kills spool, it is known to break apart and actually kill the turbo too.

The other thing I see holding you back is the 3" downpipe. I'm assuming it's 3" with the block off plate. You should look for either a 4" bellmouth downpipe, or a divorced wastegate downpipe. If your current exhaust uses the traditional Subaru flange points then you could feasibly get an Invidia downpipe or something similar and swap it on.

With the uppipe you have a choice to make.. do you want to go with an external wastegate? Either way, I like the Grimmspeed uppipe, but if you go 44mm EWG and have a TurboXS downpipe like me then the only uppipe with good fitment for the EWG is the P&L uppipe. (I will soon be selling my EWG uppipe and downpipe to swap on my ETS rotated kit if you're interested).

You also need a better fuel pump. Walbro 255lph is the traditional route, you could go with the 400, but then if you're going big down the road the 400 isn't needed because you will want to get a surge tank with an external pump. Deatschwerks also makes a good replacement in-tank fuel pump.

I'd go easy on that transmission too, the ACT 6-puck is going to be pretty harsh and put a lot of shock on the transmission. It could easily break at your current power level, so you might want to consider upgrading the transmission before long.

Once you address those things I can make further recommendations.. possibly a turbo upgrade? You could do a Dom 1.5XT-R, but you're going to want larger injectors (at least 750cc).. and that will be stressing your engine and transmission even more.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You never said what your max IDC was, and why exactly you need new injectors right now..

Oh really?! I'm curious about the dp yes, but even though the explanations I still not sure it.would fit...OF COURSE FUEL PUMP!!! Haha yea my brother told me about his civic with a 6 puck. Told me he cha.her the clutch monthly and ended up changed the transmission 3 months in a row than just sold the car. But his was daily mine weekend. Mmmhm :/ alright I might as well wait to press on with the upgrades. nd just go all out with her. The max is 100% and I.need new ones cause my stupid intake smacked Cyl 1 injector snapped the clip and broke and snapped the prongs. Causing a misfire p301. No one ever sells just one. Plus I'm OCD and what I do to one side I have to do to the other.

I suggest ID1000s, on pump gas they'll be sufficient for anything you could do with a stock motor.

So you have an aftermarket fuel pump, or not? 100% IDC seems awfully high for an 18g on 650s. What's your AFR at wide open throttle?

Ok, right on.

And I do not have. Yea.... I didn't tune that though I don't know about the fuel management still haven't hit that chapter. And I can say its not 14.7:1

Okay.. the fuel pump explains why your IDC is so high. The stock pump can't keep up, so as the demand increases pressure drops, and IDC rises in an attempt to compensate.

Do you have a wideband O2 gauge? That would be a good investment if you plan on getting into tuning..

So, if I were you I would get a new fuel pump, some ID1000 injectors, a new uppipe, downpipe, possibly EWG, a 3-port EBCS(maybe even a MBC to do hybrid boost control), and get it retuned. After that you can start thinking about new engine and transmission options. A solid tune on an 18g (especially with an EWG) should make it pretty fun to drive for a while. Beyond that I would want more displacement to work with.

MAN where did you learn mechanics? 0.0 I'm in the sin of envy atm. And a wideband 02? How much roughly am I looking at here?

Also for.the I'd1000 what would you recommend for the connection pigtails pnp adapters or the pins n clips and would these fit for a stock rail

I've owned two WRXs since 2002, done a lot of work to them, lots and lots of reading/researching, and talking with shops, builders, etc. I've just picked up a lot of info over the years.

The most inexpensive wideband option is the AEM UEGO, which can be found for around $180.. I have one and it works well. You will also want to get a logging cable for it so you can incorporate the info from it into your data logs.

I would go ahead and get the pnp adapters for the injectors for simplicity sake. I've never actually used ID injectors, but many tuners speak highly of them them. As long as you get the right ones for your car (topfeed) then they will work with your stock rails.

Might i inquire as to the wideband does for me?

And going from 650 to 1000 won't be bad? I mean obviously of won't your recommending them. I mean running them with my set up now.

Wideband allows you to monitor your air to fuel ratio for tuning. It is a requirement to getting the car running right. When MZM tuned your car in Austin they hooked up their own wideband to dial in the AFR.

Going from 650 to 1000 won't hurt anything, although you will not be able to drive the car until it is tuned. It will give you more headroom and have enough flow for a larger turbo if you decide to upgrade. I would install all the mods at once (injectors, EBCS, uppipe, and downpipe), then trailer the car to your tuner and have it retuned. Or you could have them email you a base map to use to drive the car to the shop.

Or even get an etune if the drive to the tuner is too far..

The trouble is getting time to go.... Military works me like a ox....

What braking/suspension mods do you have planned to match with the extra power?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12