Is It Worth It? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Is It Worth It? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; nah, not worth it. Get lots of bushings instead...

nah, not worth it. Get lots of bushings instead

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

q300 on a hatch might be louder than you want?? I have the sedan and love my Invidia!!!Go to some local meets and here it for yourself.
    STAGE 1 IS MORE FUN BUT STAGE 2 THERE'S MORE TO DO

Would you recommend the SPT exhaust?

I think for the right price$$ Find one barley used will do. Check out the Borla Hush
    STAGE 1 IS MORE FUN BUT STAGE 2 THERE'S MORE TO DO

I have the other way around and like it a lot. Turboback is open DP, with regular muffler axleback. Sounds normal, but goes like no tomorrow. Stage 2 tuned.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Axex View Post
    nah, not worth it. Get lots of bushings instead
    This is probably the best advice here. Tightening up everything in your driveline makes your car a completely different beast.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    I have the other way around and like it a lot. Turboback is open DP, with regular muffler axleback. Sounds normal, but goes like no tomorrow. Stage 2 tuned.

That's what is considered a stealthback exhaust. Some might argue that you lose out on some power by choking the 3" DP with a 2.5" catback.

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    This is probably the best advice here. Tightening up everything in your driveline makes your car a completely different beast.
    How so? I'll definitely look into it

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2012-WRX-PBP View Post
    Shifting is smoother, throttle response is better, everything just feels more solid and less sloppy. If you can deal with the added NVH, bushing and mounts are a better investment IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Why thank you! I certainly agree

Quote Originally Posted by 2012-WRX-PBP View Post
    Besides what Drews said, bushings aren't too hard to install and can drastically change the way your car feels. Also, they're very cheap compared to most other mods. The only downside is any noise, vibration, or harshness you may experience. Just look up some forum reviews for people's opinions on this, but remember it is still subjective.

Personally the only "performance" mods I've done thus far are front & rear shifter bushings, a short shifter, differential mount bushing inserts, and subframe bushing inserts. All of them have been well worth my time, money, and effort. You will notice the differences every single time you drive the car!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.