Getting into modding...2011 STi
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Getting into modding...2011 STi within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all...another noob on the forums Just got a full exhaust installed aswell as an intake and got tuned, lets ...

Getting into modding...2011 STi

Hey all...another noob on the forums

Just got a full exhaust installed aswell as an intake and got tuned, lets just say that WOW!!!! what a HUGE difference!

Past few days I must admit i've been ricing around trying to race everyone in Mexico, yea kind of dumb! But what ever, i'm so happy with the power being cocky and all.

Did a few pulls with an Audi A6 after trying to find someone for an hour...LOL, i know...( i beleive) looked to be a 2000-2002. It was pretty clean, lowered ETC. I figured it was good bait....NOT. Litteraly got raped, he pulled BUS lengths on me, it sounded insane. I thought my car was quick, but apparently i'm wrong! My tuner said I'm putting down a little over 300whp.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction for future mods. I am happy with the power, but I don't want an audi A6 pulling on me again! Lol!

Thanks guys, and looking foward to hearing the "cool story bro's"

Oh this was on a closed highway in mexico by the way.
    Last edited by csh778; 10-23-2012 at 01:59 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Obviously, the A6 was pretty heavily modified, then.

There are a lot of options you have. Going off only what you describe the events to be, I would say sell your car and pick a different platform, or write a check for $15K+ to play with the big boys.

To give you a decent bump in power yet still maintain decent reliability, consider going E85 (if available) or adding alcohol/methanol to the car.

Making full use of the dyno time (and prepping yourself for a bigger turbo, if you choose, down the road):
    Fuel pump (one that's ethanol-compatible)
    ID1000 Injectors or Aquamist HFS-4 meth kit
    A good ELH (link)
    A good TMIC (e.g., ProcessWest or Spearco)
    EWG uppipe (e.g., Grimmspeed)
    Boost control (EBCS + MBC)

If you go E85, you'll need larger injectors. If you go the methanol route, you shouldn't need injectors (unless you upgrade turbos down the line). If that doesn't give you enough of a bump, your only other option is to do a turbo swap (which will require injectors and at least a built shortblock).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Thank you for the post, I am a noob and i'm here to learn.

I'm going to be looking into Methanol injection. Will I need to be retuned for this? When upgrading the turbo I need to build the block you say? What are the limits? 350whp? 400whp? 450whp?

Possible by reaching the limits of the block with the stock turbo? Or maybe get a bigger turbo/injectors and lower the boost enough where i won't throw a rod?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by csh778
    I'm going to be looking into Methanol injection.
    Start here:
    Water/Methanol Injection FAQ

Will I need to be retuned for this?
    Yes.

When upgrading the turbo I need to build the block you say? What are the limits? 350whp? 400whp? 450whp?
    There is no "limit". You can ride around with the stock block with an upgraded turbo. It may last 50K miles, it may let go during the mapping. Best guess would be to get a compression/leakdown test done to see how healthy the motor is and to go from there.

Possible by reaching the limits of the block with the stock turbo? Or maybe get a bigger turbo/injectors and lower the boost enough where i won't throw a rod?
    You can blow a motor with the stock turbo. Typically, it's either ringlands or the pistons that give out on the 2.5L, not the rods.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.