coolant leak passenger side timing belt cover

This is a discussion on coolant leak passenger side timing belt cover within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey all my problem is that i have a coolant leak coming from the passenger side timing belt cover, i ...

coolant leak passenger side timing belt cover

hey all
    my problem is that i have a coolant leak coming from the passenger side timing belt cover, i have checked my hoses and radiator to make sure its not coming from anywhere else, and when i climbed under i cant definetly dell thats where its coming from
    i tried to do some research but didnt come up with much, is there anything even on the passenger side that would cause a leak.

help me brain storm, the engine only has like 20000 miles on it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Unfortunately it is probably the water pump - I'd not drive it until you figure it out.

How To's - Timing Belt and Water Pump Replacement
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

i really appreciate you providing me with a how to,well this sucks i wonder how the gasket failed so early,do you think it would be safe to just put some sealant on the water pump and stick it back on?

do you have a recommendation of sealant if you think that is a possible method