coolant leak passenger side timing belt cover
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on coolant leak passenger side timing belt cover within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey all my problem is that i have a coolant leak coming from the passenger side timing belt cover, i ...

coolant leak passenger side timing belt cover

hey all
    my problem is that i have a coolant leak coming from the passenger side timing belt cover, i have checked my hoses and radiator to make sure its not coming from anywhere else, and when i climbed under i cant definetly dell thats where its coming from
    i tried to do some research but didnt come up with much, is there anything even on the passenger side that would cause a leak.

help me brain storm, the engine only has like 20000 miles on it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Unfortunately it is probably the water pump - I'd not drive it until you figure it out.

How To's - Timing Belt and Water Pump Replacement
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

i really appreciate you providing me with a how to,well this sucks i wonder how the gasket failed so early,do you think it would be safe to just put some sealant on the water pump and stick it back on?

do you have a recommendation of sealant if you think that is a possible method

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.