Nameless Exhaust

This is a discussion on Nameless Exhaust within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, Im about to buy a nameless axleback exhaust, Ive heard nothing but good things about them. I was ...

Nameless Exhaust

Hey guys, Im about to buy a nameless axleback exhaust, Ive heard nothing but good things about them. I was wondering if anyone has one and could tell me their thoughts on what size pipes I should get. I was considering the 3" flush exhaust with no muffler. And can I reuse the bushings I have on my 2012 wrx hatch for the new exhaust or do I have to buy different ones?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nothing but good things?? HHmmm, maybe if fitment or quality don't matter to you. Yes you can re use stock hangers, if it lines up.
    ++ + ++P3LLA++ + ++

06 STi ( Stage II ) BOOSTED
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE # 808

i have on on my 09 wrx, and love it.

i personally went with new hangers.

i'm not sure about the size option on the 2012's, but give them a call and tey should be able to go over everything with you, and help figure out what you would like most.

I like turtles.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

The exhaust says its for a 2008-2011 wrx, do you think it will be a problem on my 12' wrx hatch?

Quote Originally Posted by Colinz89 View Post
    The exhaust says its for a 2008-2011 wrx, do you think it will be a problem on my 12' wrx hatch?
    not sure. give them a call, or shoot them a message on fb. Jason is a good guy, and will help you out.

I Support ClubWRX
    Depends on how many miles you have on your car. I just purchased the same one for my sedan and I reused my bushings. Nameless told me "if this car was my dd than the oem bushings were fine." "If I track it at all use aftermarket bushings." As for liking the quality and sound. The sound is amazing vs the stock axle back. As for quality IMO the quality is there. If I could change anything it would have been to get bigger tips.

Why would you have changed the tips? For the look? I was going to get the 3'' tips. And do the axle backs fit the 2012 wrx/ Hatch because on their site they don't say anything about the 2012.

I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldn't see why the axle back wouldn't fit a 2012.2011 2012 same car. the look of bigger tips would be better IMO.

My buddy picked up the Nameless axleback with muffler deletes for his 11 sedan. Sounds a lil meaner on idle and low rpm, picks up and sounds nice on higher rpms. We live in SoCal and cops here hound car enthusiasts, as far as I can tell its not loud enough to get their attention, but loud enough to sound really nice. He said installation took all of 30 minutes or so. Stock hangers with 30k miles on his DD car.

Any of you guys know where I can found out if the nameless exhaust is legal in Connecticut? I bought the muffler delete exhaust.