want more powwwer :(
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on want more powwwer :( within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok guys currently these are my mods 2002 ADM wrx sea level 98 octane TTS td05 big 16g avo turbo ...

want more powwwer :(

ok guys currently these are my mods

2002 ADM wrx sea level
    98 octane
    TTS td05 big 16g
    avo turbo inlet
    walbro 255 fuel pump
    stock injectors decaped
    STI TOP MOUNT INTERCOOLER off an 2007 adm sti W/spray
    oil catch can
    aps cai 65mm
    decatted uppipe
    3"TBE with catless dp
    turbo smart mbc set @ 22psi
    gfb 50/50 bov

i want more power but unsure how to get it from here i dont want faster spooling mods since its pree quuuick spool as it is now for a big 16g 20psi at 3600 rpm

things i dont want yet since i will start building a new shortblock ej25 in aa few months

-forged pistons or any other internal mods
    -new turbo
    -turning up boost

im tthinking of getting a fmic but i dont want lag and i dont wanna get a bigger top mount cause i dont think ill see big gains what can i do for more power from here? tune on it is good no knock afrs are good maybe i can go abit later on the total timing?? for abit more power? (see log attached)

will a larger throttle body make adiffrence? if i do get one what would i have to look at to change on the tune ?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...5eVk1blE#gid=0

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'd stay away from a front mount. You can get a much better top mount though.

The other thing that makes good sense if you understand the risks is water/meth.

Water/Methanol Injection FAQ
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Without moving to a bigger turbo you could do meth/alky injection like mycologist suggested or a EL header for a power bump.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey
    Without moving to a bigger turbo you could do meth/alky injection like mycologist suggested or a EL header for a power bump.
    You're pretty limited, considering your restrictions (bigger turbo / TMIC). You're pretty much limited to increasing VE or octane.

I'd reconsider your stand on getting a better TMIC; you will get more power everywhere in the RPM range (less pressure drop / ability to tune more aggressively with the same safety margin), and have better response.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

alright sweet ok top mounts my faviroute has to be the process west , if i get a process west tmic and a 70mm throttle body would i see some decent gains? and a new throttle body require a tune or would i just run leaner and retune afr's? because i noticed after i installed the sti tmic from the stock my car rn really rich in 9:8 so i retuned it and it was ok

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sxcrxy
    alright sweet ok top mounts my faviroute has to be the process west , if i get a process west tmic and a 70mm throttle body would i see some decent gains? and a new throttle body require a tune or would i just run leaner and retune afr's? because i noticed after i installed the sti tmic from the stock my car rn really rich in 9:8 so i retuned it and it was ok
    Why are you fixated on a new TB?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Why are you fixated on a new TB?
    This. Just isn't necessary.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Tb is a waste considering you would have to port the intake manifold inlet to match and there would be little to no gain. Most just port the stock throttlebody to be more efficient but not increase the size.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Tb is a waste considering you would have to port the intake manifold inlet to match and there would be little to no gain. Most just port the stock throttlebody to be more efficient but not increase the size.
    i wanted a tb mostly because its a cheap mod and its a mod i dont have thats why i was asking if its really worth it but obviously its not so i geus thats out of the picture

You could run e85 to get some quick horsepower gains you would need a retune, 850cc injectors (minimum) e85 fuel pump. Depending on how aggressive the tune is you could see some significant gains lots of torque as well.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sxcrxy View Post
    i wanted a tb mostly because its a cheap mod and its a mod i dont have thats why i was asking if its really worth it but obviously its not so i geus thats out of the picture

Yeah, plenty of people get over 500whp on the stock throttle body, with a 16g I would expect zero gains. Remember, the system can only flow as well as the smallest part.. the compressor outlet on your turbo is probably only 2", smaller than the stock TB, so a bigger TB won't result in any more flow.

e85 or meth would provide a good boost.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by frenziedcage View Post
    You could run e85 to get some quick horsepower gains you would need a retune, 850cc injectors (minimum) e85 fuel pump. Depending on how aggressive the tune is you could see some significant gains lots of torque as well.
    This
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

yea e85 is probably my next option i am ready for it, considering my injectors flow at 850cc and i got a walbro 255 would just have to retune but the problem is there is only one service station that has e85 and close to me :/ this is my daily driver, unless theres a way of switching maps on the fly (without using speeddensity or canberryrom) i dont think ill do it just yet other wise e85 is awsome stuff ok so far my next plans are

-#1 bigger tmic
    -#2 unequel lengh headers (dont like equal sounds :/)
    -#3 e85

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Personally, I prefer the sound of ELH.. as far as map switching, you could tote your laptop with you like I do right now, but that's far from ideal. In December I'm switching to Carberry, then I'm going to work on a way to have it auto switch based on output from my flex fuel sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Personally, I prefer the sound of ELH.. as far as map switching, you could tote your laptop with you like I do right now, but that's far from ideal. In December I'm switching to Carberry, then I'm going to work on a way to have it auto switch based on output from my flex fuel sensor.
    Honostly ive heard some awsome sounding elh they siund crazy better than un equal but ive also heard really ugly elh im worried it will sound bad

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.