$2000 to spend on mods, your thoughts?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 00 to spend on mods, your thoughts? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, so I have a 2013 WRX sedan on the way, and I've been saving up for some modifications. ...

Hey guys, so I have a 2013 WRX sedan on the way, and I've been saving up for some modifications. I am pretty new to all of this, but I'm just looking to for some thoughts on how my 2 grand could best be spent for value and performance.

I have heard that an spt intake and exhaust would be a good start. I have to stick with SPT parts as my dealer is giving me a lifetime warrantly on the car, and any non SPT parts would void that warranty.

What would you guys do first??

Future 2013 WRX Sedan Owner

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, that is about all you can do then. Will they let you do a stage one tune (I doubt it)?

I'd do the suspension with non SPT parts - they probably won't mind that. Other than the improved sound with the exhaust, you aren't getting any real power gains, so suspension/brakes/winter tires are better places to put your money at first.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Yea, I have to look into the stage one tune, but I think you're right, I doubt that would keep the warranty intact.

Your comments lead me to another question, how important do you think winter tires are?

The SPT intake and exhaust will do next to nothing with the stock tune. I'd pick up an Invidia or Cobb down pipe, AEM intake, and tune (Cobb AP or open source).
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

I Support ClubWRX

Re: $2000 to spend on mods, your thoughts?

An SPT intake does not exist.

Decide what your goals are. If it were me I'd start with suspension & brakes. No point in going fast if you can't stop or control your car.

Winter tires are important if you live in a place where it snows. Once it snows your car will not go anywhere on the summer performance wheels.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JRod1984 View Post
    Yea, I have to look into the stage one tune, but I think you're right, I doubt that would keep the warranty intact.

Your comments lead me to another question, how important do you think winter tires are?
    If your car shipped with summer tires it is absolutely necessary. If you have all seasons already I'd wear them out first then get a separate set for each season.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Is there a way to untune it before taking it to the dealer??
    Or can they tell through your ECU.

I'd stick with nothing but SPT with a lifetime warrenty..suspension, exhaust, shifter

Screw the warranty, I doubt you'll have it that long anyways. Get an AP, catless dp, and a good tune.

I Support ClubWRX

Re: $2000 to spend on mods, your thoughts?

Let's see what SPT options are available. Exhaust, shifter bushings, short shifter, boost gauge, heat shield, trunk trims for sedans, hats ,t shirts & keychains.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Feals 441s. Some visual mods with wahtever you have left over. Bam show car or sum****.
    2005 WRX (Silver) SoCal Subie
    Blobeye Syndicate #1093
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...al-05-wrx.html - Build Thread
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/34009765@N06/ - For whatever pics i take.
    Mikie13-Spend money on hookers and blow. That's a better intake.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Let's see what SPT options are available. Exhaust, shifter bushings, short shifter, boost gauge, heat shield, trunk trims for sedans, hats ,t shirts & keychains.
    Lol True

If I were working with that budget, I'd buy Koni Yellows and a good set of tires. The stock dampers on these cars are absolutely horrible.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    Is there a way to untune it before taking it to the dealer??
    Or can they tell through your ECU.

I'd stick with nothing but SPT with a lifetime warrenty..suspension, exhaust, shifter
    You can, just load in the stock map with the same device you loaded the tune with.
    Its been said dealers can tell if you've modified the ECU.
    But, the stock tune sucks. Its jerky and the powerband is crap. I said it. I've never heard of anyone's engine blowing from a stage 1 tune, unless you count the early 09's, but thats another... long, dull and unrelated story.

Go stage 1 with an opensource tune. Hopefully you know of someone with a Tactrix cable.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Ha, nice - keychains and shirts DONE!

FMS

Suspension mods would be a good choice along with some good tires if you dont already have them.

Some sway bars and end-links would make it handle a lot better and really be a noticeable change.
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast