$2000 to spend on mods, your thoughts? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 00 to spend on mods, your thoughts? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My suggestion would be to start off with mods that will let you enjoy the drive everyday and be useful. ...

My suggestion would be to start off with mods that will let you enjoy the drive everyday and be useful. Some mods that you may put $2,000.00 into that touch the engine could quickly spiral into $2,000.00+ (ex: turbo-back exhaust, then you'd need a tune, then you'd probably want sway bars and a stiffer suspension, new tires, etc. etc.).

IMO go with a Short Shifter & bushings, dedicated winter tires and steelies (or just rims you wouldn't mind beating up a bit), a better shift knob, and clear bra install since the paint on subies is really fragile. Also along the lines of paint, it would probably be a good idea to tell the dealer not to detail it and take it to a professional detailer who will put opti-coat on it or do it yourself. This will make the car easier to clean, keep it cleaner longer, take out alot of the paint imperfections that come from the factory, as well as protect the paint.

Those will all be noticeable and useful improvements that will improve the life of your new car as well as make it more fun to drive. A plus is that everything is reversible if you want to bring it back to stock.

*edit* left out detailing

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i say save your money, and enjoy the car stock for a while. then you will learn what you like and don't like about it, and can go from there.

there shouldn't be a rush to mod.

Quote Originally Posted by starkall View Post
    Screw the warranty, I doubt you'll have it that long anyways. Get an AP, catless dp, and a good tune.
    That's basically how I think about it...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by shadowpr View Post
    i say save your money, and enjoy the car stock for a while. then you will learn what you like and don't like about it, and can go from there.

there shouldn't be a rush to mod.
    Truf. Only rush I had, was to at least get a CBE so I could hear the rumble. That is why I first bought one of these damn cars in the first place.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

upgrade the audio!!!!!!!!
    STAGE 1 IS MORE FUN BUT STAGE 2 THERE'S MORE TO DO

I would say go for swaybars endlinks , Strut bars,Handling, Brakes. If you ever go and void the warranty then you will be able to handle those speeds
    Shifting Day n Night in my RedRex

I Support ClubWRX
    Aside from all the good suggestions from everyone else so far, I always recommend some track time/autocross which is really fun, really cheap, and also quickly shows you what you really want to improve on when modding your car. Plus an experienced driver in a bone stock wrx will destroy a bad driver in a modded sti all day so it really is one of the best bang for the buck "mods" you can do. We call this mod "the gasket between the steering wheel and the seat"
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

^Excellent advice.

I Support ClubWRX

Re: $2000 to spend on mods, your thoughts?

Don't think about mods until you have adequate seat time in the car. Figure out where your car is lacking, and then consider mods to fix those areas...

Auto-X was brought up. This is a great way to push both yourself and your car to their limits in a controlled environment on the cheap, plus it's a lot of fun. Consider going to some events. Go just to watch one or two, see if you'd enjoy it, then participate in one if it looks fun.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12