STi B.O.V.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi B.O.V. within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; bought my WRX with a aftermarket, loud, obnoxious, and Atmospheric B.O.V. on the car, i want something that recirculates bt ...

Question STi B.O.V.

bought my WRX with a aftermarket, loud, obnoxious, and Atmospheric B.O.V. on the car, i want something that recirculates bt can still hold more boost, min at almost redline it hits 19-20 somewhere in there but my car runs rich, what should i do im thinking i might need a STI blow off valve, what should i do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    In your case, sounds like the stock WRX BPV would be best.. and if it's running rich you should probably fix your tune.

yea, i know i need to retune, i just want to get my car running as efficiently as possible, so i need a full turbo back exhaust, a recirulating b.o.v. and an accessport. just trying to get it running as best as possible, plus getting like 15 miles to the gallon is no fun haha, unless im running stage 2 then it would be worth it

STI bpv and regular wrx bpv are the same things....any stockers from 2002-2007 would work for you.

Do you have a turboback exhaust as is?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

im working on getting one as we speak and an accessport

I Support ClubWRX
    I have a stock one for sale if you need it. Doesn't have the elbow.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

a stock one waht? b.o.v.? and how much, are they hard to install?

Quote Originally Posted by RogerSteadman View Post
    a stock one waht? b.o.v.? and how much, are they hard to install?
    no there easy to install if your mechanicly minded
    WRX or STi Install Perrin Blow Off Valve (BOV) - YouTube
    exact same process but you reconnect the recirc valve ( the big pipe at the bottom)

did you say your running 19 -20 pounds?? im considering your running stock turbo and tune? if you are thats crazy dangerous, the turbo wont last long(considering its stock) and if you dont have a tune, your engine might be at risk on top of that your injectors would also be maxing out ( considering there stock as well)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sxcrxy
    did you say your running 19 -20 pounds?? im considering your running stock turbo and tune? if you are thats crazy dangerous, the turbo wont last long(considering its stock) and if you dont have a tune, your engine might be at risk on top of that your injectors would also be maxing out ( considering there stock as well)
    19-20 PSI is perfectly safe for his stock turbo in the midrange given appropriate modifications. It typically tapers off by redline, though.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by sxcrxy View Post
    no there easy to install if your mechanicly minded
    WRX or STi Install Perrin Blow Off Valve (BOV) - YouTube
    exact same process but you reconnect the recirc valve ( the big pipe at the bottom)

yes when you accelerate hard, the stock boost gauge says it gets all the way up to 19-20 its analog so i might be off by one psi. but still, i'm new to the WRX world and, i used to mod SE-R Spec-V's with turbos but never with 19lbs of boost thats why i think i need to fix a few things.

BTW what was the stock boost limit?

what other mods are done to the car?

and also, im not 100 percent sure what all on my car is stock, and whats not, i unfortunately but a lightly modded car... i never usually do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    what other mods are done to the car?
    i know it has an aftermarket catback, looks like it was custom... it has a K&N short ram intake, a mishimoto radiator, and a HKS B.O.V. thats all i can hink of off the top of my head...

and your running 19 psi untuned?

yea when you floor it the analog boost gauge goes all the way up past fifteen to around 20, or 19, or 18. why? is that bad?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.