STi B.O.V. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi B.O.V. within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; but i dont usually floor it, mybe like once every 2-3 weeks, i try to concerve my gas lol...

but i dont usually floor it, mybe like once every 2-3 weeks, i try to concerve my gas lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RogerSteadman View Post
    i know it has an aftermarket catback, looks like it was custom... it has a K&N short ram intake, a mishimoto radiator, and a HKS B.O.V. thats all i can hink of off the top of my head...
    do u know if the car was tuned for these mods when you purchased it? how soon are u going to get a tune? does it stay at 19psi at full throttle or just peak there? and go down to like 15? the intake, and bov should be replaced back to stock if it already isnt tuned, the catback is fine though

It's gotta have a downpipe on it to be getting safely to 19psi...Take some pics of the area where the turbo is (passenger side of the TMIC)...and also if the area in front of the strut tower (looking at the boost control system).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    do u know if the car was tuned for these mods when you purchased it? how soon are u going to get a tune? does it stay at 19psi at full throttle or just peak there? and go down to like 15? the intake, and bov should be replaced back to stock if it already isnt tuned, the catback is fine though
    i dont know if it was tuned before i bought it, I got it from this really Shady dealership, the alternator went out a month after i bought it, i replaced it, then the Compressor went out the week after that, fixed that, then i started thinking that 19 was a little high, and yes thats probably where it peaks out, i never pushed it farther than that and that was probably areoung 5K RPM that it hit 19, then around 5.5k to 6k, id stop because the boost wouldnt go any higher, i did that once and said i wont do this again until i know its safe, its my D.D. and i dont wannabreak it ya know...

and to Answer you Mikie, I'm at work right now, but ill get the picture on my break and come back inand upload it, but the turbo's heat sheild is stock, so i know the up pipe/ turbo is stock, ill check on the d.p. though

The positive is, that you have a bugeye...it can stand to be with mods without a tune for a bit, though not optimum. The engine can handle 19psi without a problem...but it needs to be tuned to be sure its not knocking, has proper AFRs, and so on. If the boost isn't tapering down at all as you approach 6k and past, I suspect an MBC is on it and it doesn't have a proper tune...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

what is an MBC

manual boost controller.

where would i find this MBC on my carand if i do what should i set the boost to?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sxcrxy View Post
    did you say your running 19 -20 pounds?? im considering your running stock turbo and tune? if you are thats crazy dangerous, the turbo wont last long(considering its stock) and if you dont have a tune, your engine might be at risk on top of that your injectors would also be maxing out ( considering there stock as well)
    WTF are you talking about?! Just look at the TD04-13T compressor map. With modifications, you should have no problem running the stock turbo at 22-23 PSI.

NVM. You were talking about stock tune. But still, the turbo should handle it like a champ.
    Last edited by zax; 10-18-2012 at 10:29 AM.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

i found a picture of the catback like i said it looks weeird like a custom catback is the only way i can describe it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG_0100.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	108979

Quote Originally Posted by RogerSteadman View Post
    where would i find this MBC on my carand if i do what should i set the boost to?
    If you have one, it would be located near the turbo and over by the passenger strut tower wall. It would have vacuum lines connected to it. That's why I asked for pics, so we can better see what you're working with.

It isn't something that you should set boost too...it is something that should be utilized when you get a tune taken care of. You can't just slap on boost controllers to these cars and expect everything to be tip top (previous owners mistake, if in fact it does have an MBC on it).

yea im like the 4th owner in a row on this car, i got a great deal on i only paid 6,000 for it, because it didnt have fog light, or any stereo system, and it only had 100k miles on it, so i really have no idea what its been through lol. im just trying to make it as efficient, safe, and powerful as possible so it will last. and thanx for all the help.
    i have a pic of the engine bay its not down by the turbo but it may, help a little bit.

kinda looks like a stromung catback

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG_0097.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	108980Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG_0098.jpg 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	108981Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG_0099.jpg 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	108982

heres the engine bay pics

well parts youve listed like new rad, hks ssqv, k&n filter with shield, strut brace, and enough NOS in there to blow himself up! jk

but take another pic near the front passenger side strut tower where the blue plug is, kinda looks howe the stock boost solenoid sits..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast