HELP PLEEEASE!

This is a discussion on HELP PLEEEASE! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so today i went to reflash my ecu as it was i got the bsod (blue screen of death) so ...

HELP PLEEEASE!

so today i went to reflash my ecu as it was i got the bsod (blue screen of death) so i tunred the key ignition off wasnt a smart move, now my car is stuck in cycle mode please tell me i didnt brick it (its my daily) i cant do anything via ecu flash please is there a way how to fix it? i am desparete

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You never shut off power to the ECU in the middle of a reflash (failed or not). Can you power your laptop back on and reflash?

If not:
    How to Unbrick an ECU. Like A Boss! - NASIOC
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    You never shut off power to the ECU in the middle of a reflash (failed or not). Can you power your laptop back on and reflash?

If not:
    How to Unbrick an ECU. Like A Boss! - NASIOC
    i didnt i got the blue screen of death and turn the car off i rebooted tried to continue and the fans turned feul pump primed but didnt let me put a map on

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sxcrxy
    i didnt i got the blue screen of death and turn the car off i rebooted tried to continue and the fans turned feul pump primed but didnt let me put a map on
    You turn the car off, you shut off power to the ECU...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    You turn the car off, you shut off power to the ECU...
    yes is it stuffd?

and i could get a ecu very soon 2nd had, this will defs fix my problem right?

can i use my exsting transponder too work with a diffrent ecu note i do not have the immobiliser instaalled

I Support ClubWRX

HELP PLEEEASE!

Try a hard reset of the ECU by removing the neg battery cable. Hold down the brake pedal for 60 seconds to dissipate any capacitance in the electrical system.

Sent from my magic banana
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

a new ecu will work i believe...as long as that one isnt fried too

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Try a hard reset of the ECU by removing the neg battery cable. Hold down the brake pedal for 60 seconds to dissipate any capacitance in the electrical system.

Sent from my magic banana
    done that still no go im getting a new ecu today should work correct?

it should as long as its just the ecu, and no other elctrical damage

First rule of ECUFlash Club...do not turn off car when flashing, no matter what happens to the flashing device.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

what do you do after a flash goes bad and you cant turn it off? just for future reference

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sxcrxy View Post
    done that still no go im getting a new ecu today should work correct?
    Yeah the 02-03's didn't have immobilizers and the alarm system is separate from the ECU.

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    what do you do after a flash goes bad and you cant turn it off? just for future reference
    You try to reflash again. If that doesn't work then there are several companies that can recover the ECU but it is only for 32 bit ECU's. It's cheaper to buy a used ECU for the 16 bits than it is to pay for the reflash service and shipping to and from.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Yeah the 02-03's didn't have immobilizers and the alarm system is separate from the ECU.

You try to reflash again. If that doesn't work then there are several companies that can recover the ECU but it is only for 32 bit ECU's. It's cheaper to buy a used ECU for the 16 bits than it is to pay for the reflash service and shipping to and from.
    well my car did come witht the immobiliser and alarm but its has been cut and removed, but since its my daily driver i didnt havve time to fix it so i went got my self a second hand ecu inc central locking, key and barrel for the transponder for $275 put a tune on it and everything is working fine its ashame what happen to my old ecu QUICK TIP TOO EVERYONE THAT FLASHES I YOUR LAPTOP CRASHES DO NOT TURN THE IGNITION OFF REBOOT THE PC AND TRY TO FLASH IT AGAIN OTHER WISE YOUR GONNA REGRET IT LIKE ME thanks guys