Cali Smog Hassle

This is a discussion on Cali Smog Hassle within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well... I recently just bought my 2004 subaru about 2 months ago. When i bought it, it was pretty modded, ...

Red face Cali Smog Hassle

Well... I recently just bought my 2004 subaru about 2 months ago.
    When i bought it, it was pretty modded, and me just finally getting enough money to buy this dime piece just kinda jumped into the subaru community. This car is AWESOME but i bought it form Oregon. and for those of you who know Cali rules on smog, coming from Oregon really sucks. This basically is the question. I have basically resorted this car to stock. Taking the piping for the FMIC off and putting a stock TMIC on. Stock air box/intake, and also the stock catted downpipe. youd think thatd pass right..? no. They have a Problem with the Grimmspeed Oil separator.

Question is... What the hell do i do now??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Cali Smog Hassle

Remove the oil separator.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

go to a reff thats bull i pass everother year wt mine but i pic the dumb ones that only read the sheet cuz i dint like qustions i can pass other places just dont like the wate. thay try to look up whats on your car in the carb part # list if its not there thay have to deside if it will mess wt there #s its there license thats on the line if thay f up

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by HumboldtSubie View Post
    Well... I recently just bought my 2004 subaru about 2 months ago.
    When i bought it, it was pretty modded, and me just finally getting enough money to buy this dime piece just kinda jumped into the subaru community. This car is AWESOME but i bought it form Oregon. and for those of you who know Cali rules on smog, coming from Oregon really sucks. This basically is the question. I have basically resorted this car to stock. Taking the piping for the FMIC off and putting a stock TMIC on. Stock air box/intake, and also the stock catted downpipe. youd think thatd pass right..? no. They have a Problem with the Grimmspeed Oil separator.

Question is... What the hell do i do now??
    Where in Oregon did it come from? Is it Blue with white stripes?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You have to reflash the stock map or a stage I map to the car if you put the stock downpipe back.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

blue strips what are you talking about i moved from or a few years ago. dont know what blue strips are tell me more. leaving cal soon to head home.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ethanesmay View Post
    blue strips what are you talking about i moved from or a few years ago. dont know what blue strips are tell me more. leaving cal soon to head home.
    wasnt speaking to you, if that was referenced to me.. Not sure, I cant read your speak.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Where in Oregon did it come from? Is it Blue with white stripes?
    i got in Medford, but no man, its silver

but hey thank you guys. i actually ended up getting it done through that someone who know someone who know s that one person that can pass smog for you ... ? haha

but hey thank you guys. i actually ended up getting it done through that someone who know someone who know s that one person that can pass smog for you ... ? haha
    well cheff you a dumb one then. there is no stripe system in place in call refresh your facts

good it got done these kids know crap about smog glad you did not lession to them, i going to get hate mail but idkair f um

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    good it got done these kids know crap about smog glad you did not lession to them, i going to get hate mail but idkair f um

?? I can't understand what you're saying.. in any of your posts. Try forming complete sentences with capitalization and punctuation, you will get more help that way.

I Support ClubWRX
    well cheff you a dumb one then. there is no stripe system in place in call refresh your facts
    Goodness... go join nasioc. You've been warned about insulting members.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Awesome! That's the best way to do it.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!