SPT EXHAUST?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on SPT EXHAUST? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; For those of you that own the SPT exhaust on a hatchback, please help me by rating the loudness inside ...

SPT EXHAUST?

For those of you that own the SPT exhaust on a hatchback, please help me by rating the loudness inside of the car from 1 to 10 (compared to stock). I am unable to hear one in person and do not want too much "drone" while on the highway at constant speed. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you have and exhaust on your current car?
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I do not. I am trading in my 2005 stock wrx for a 2013 hatch wrx and may add the SPT from the dealership at a reduced cost. Just was told it will drone a lot but want to hear what someone who actually has the same set up thinks and hears on a daily basis. I definitely do not want an annoying drive but want to enjoy the sounds these beautiful cars can produce.

KHP
    It will be hard to give a rating for loudness. Lets say a 5 to me may be an 8 to someone else or 3 to another.

I would say that It's loud enough to be heard outside, but has minimal drone (compared to other exhausts) inside while cruising. You'll need a pretty good set of PC speakers to properly reproduce the sound and even then it's no where near live sound. This should give you a little idea.

The exhaust is pretty loud during cold start warm up and quiets down to near stock once warmed up.
    Last edited by KHP; 10-11-2012 at 06:50 PM.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

I put in the spt cold air in my 2006 sti and you can here a difference from the stock to the spt for sure

I have one on my 2012 it's slightly louder than stock but will be a bit louder if you add a down pipe. Stock exhaust maybe 4 with a SPT CBE 6, down pipe maybe 7-8 if your going 90+ mph. That's just me.

Love the sounds over a stock CBE.

I'm referring to the exhaust catback not the CAI but thats good to know as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Estokm View Post
    I have one on my 2012 it's slightly louder than stock but will be a bit louder if you add a down pipe. Stock exhaust maybe 4 with a SPT CBE 6, down pipe maybe 7-8 if your going 90+ mph. That's just me.

Love the sounds over a stock CBE.
    I appreciate your response. In no way is it too loud to say... talk on bluetooth in the car or hold a conversation with a passenger at a reasonable volume? lol. That and I do NOT want to have to be getting pulled over every other week due to a loud exhaust that just screams "HELLO POLICE PULL ME OVER!" lol, im passed those days!

I don't think it's loud at all and you can still talk on the phone/hold a conversation with your passengers. As far as the cops go, just don't launch it off the line at every light and the cop will stay away lol. My wife noticed the difference in cabin noise when I got the SPT exhaust installed and didn't mind it at all.

Okay well worst case scenario I buy it, its too loud I put stock back on and sell the spot lol

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by rurso01 View Post
    Okay well worst case scenario I buy it, its too loud I put stock back on and sell the spot lol
    I think you'll like the sound. Compared to others it's a pretty quiet exhaust, but add enough sound to make your car sound a little beefier.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

I think the best way to describe it is Bass-ey. It adds a little different tone and a little volume. Honestly I got used to it pretty quickly but I can let the boxer sing to me if I want just by turning down the stereo.

And a sweet song it is.
    Ready, Fire, Aim!
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Austin, Texas

Proud Member #512 of the Stink-Eye Mob

In the car with windows up i'd say 2 or 3. Not loud at all. Perfect, especially for highway driving. And if you wanna hear it just roll the windows down and it sounds perfect.

Sold! I will be adding it on thanks a lot guys

Not sure how to compare it, but I just drove my new 2013 5dr yesterday after putting Dynamat Extreme throughout the hatch area and doors, and the SPT exhaust is pretty loud. I've never had a loud car, so I'm not sure how to compare, but I can tell you I'm worried about the volume of the exhaust in the cabin. I'll get you more feedback in a few weeks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast