Catless divorced DP with Cobb stage 2?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Catless divorced DP with Cobb stage 2? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Searched and couldn't find much on it but I'm planning on replacing the stock DP with a catless divorced DP. ...

I Support ClubWRX

Searched and couldn't find much on it but I'm planning on replacing the stock DP with a catless divorced DP. Just wondering if anyone has run into any problems with this setup. Currently have SPT Catback.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Catless divorced DP with Cobb stage 2?

How do you plan on tuning the car?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX

I have a Cobb ap so I was planning on just using the stage 2 map...

I Support ClubWRX

Ps I've got a K&N intake as well. Plan on switching to Cobb SF Intake.

I Support ClubWRX
    Cobb notes state their map is for downpipes with a HFC only.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

i run catless DP on my 06 with COBB AP Stage II, No issues. maps designed for a cat, but think cobb states that to cover their @$$. your car though, so whatever you feel comfortable with.
    ++ + ++P3LLA++ + ++

06 STi ( Stage II ) BOOSTED
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE # 808

Maps for the GR generations are more picky due to the type of ECU when compared to GDs...so it may in fact cause a difference if you don't follow the notes.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Hardware Requirements: Stage2+Intake - Otherwise stock vehicle with a one of the
    supported intakes listed below., tested with a Cobb Tuning turbo-back exhaust system
    with at least one high-flow catalytic converter. An equivalent turbo-back exhaust system could be used. If the
    turbo-back exhaust system relieves back-pressure to an excessive point boost creep is possible. If a lesser
    flowing turbo-back exhaust system is used then boost targets may not be achievable. The addition of any other
    hardware may make the vehicle perform poorly.

I found that on cobbtuning.com. It doesnt really say you need a cat in the downpipe... I was thinking of doing the same thing with my 2012. Still undecided though.. does this mean as long as you have a cat somewhere in your exhast system?? I plan on getting it pro tuned, just not sure when that will happen.

When using the catless dp with the OTS map you might over boost. Especially in cold weather. My car would over boost no matter what wastegate map I used. Some cars and climates are different. It may work for you. Cobb told me it would be ok to use catless with their map but if it over boost i would have to pro tune. I'd just get a pro tune anyways. The OTS maps are mediocre in my opinion but better than stock.

Ok that makes sence. Thanks for the info man I plan on getting pro tuned anyways. I should be getting my downpipe this week and then the tune as soon as I have the spare cash lying around

I have a 2006 WRX stage 2 with an Invidia catless downpipe, I haven't run many problems but, I have encountered very night boost creep but nothing that would harm anything.

I Support ClubWRX

Has anyone run into or knows anyone who's had problems with a catless dp throwing codes with the stage 2 map? Just asking because I got my dp yesterday and I'm going to install it tomorrow.

The AP should clear any codes related to it...but you never know. You didn't follow the map notes.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Overboost codes are common, although I would be more concerned with the knock associated with over boosting than the code itself.

Catless will more than likely over boost on Cobb OTS maps. Mine did. Just pro tune and be done with it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.