A/C Delete

This is a discussion on A/C Delete within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i am thinking of deleting my A/C in my car, it no longer works, lines leak, condenser's broke (huge holes ...

A/C Delete

i am thinking of deleting my A/C in my car, it no longer works, lines leak, condenser's broke (huge holes in it) and would just cost way to much to fix. i see the belt running to the A/C pump doesnt run to anything but the A/C? i dont think it runs to anything else though i do not know for sure. does anyone know if this would cause a problem? if i deleted everything, lines, condenser, pump. does that belt goto anything other than the A/C? i have an 02 wrx.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The ac belt only runs the ac compressor. You can delete everything without affecting any other functions.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

thank you mango!! i appreciate it.

No worries. Personally I'd fix the ac.. but I'm old and a lil chubby lol.. and I used to run a non-ac'd turbo car when I lived in FL. ... based on all that I'll never have any car without ac ever again. Is this your dd? I know PA still gets toasty during the summer.. have you priced out fixing the system vs removing?
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

my friend works at a pretty renowned garage in my area and he asked head mechanic, said prolly 600-1200 or more with everything thats wrong with it, thats w/o labor included. i ran my eclipse back in the day w/o A/C and it was 2 dr an i was ok w/ it. so 4dr im sure would b a lil better. lol, granted i do like A/C

I Support ClubWRX

A/C Delete

If you delete everything the weight savings are meaningless and I predict the chances of the components finding their way back onto the car are very near zero. This could affect your resale value, for example; I might consider a broken A/C car but not a deleted A/C car because 1. The latter may have been wrecked 2. The latter may have been raced and 3. The owner didn't care etc. in my mind. Just IMO.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.