2003 wrx engine swap with sti - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2003 wrx engine swap with sti within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well, I wasnt able to get it started. It cranks but its not getting spark for some reason. Missed something ...

Well, I wasnt able to get it started. It cranks but its not getting spark for some reason. Missed something somewhere. Yay.

I think the ECU will work just fine though with the JDM engine. The ECU was was able to recognize engine code errors with my cobb accessport. I deliberately pulled wires apart that I had already connected to see if the ECU picked up on it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Finally got it all put together and running. Had to do some researching to find out why I wasn't getting any spark. Turns out JDM motor can have a different way of different way of reading the crankshaft sensor and camshaft sensor. This means you must either use your USDM camshaft gear and crankshaft gear, or use a JDM ECU. As soon as I swapped in my old USDM gears the engine fired right up. It had been about a year since I last heard my 03 sooby and it was a welcome sound!

At least I get to say that I was right

Congrats on getting it fired up! When are you getting tuned?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Thanks man and yes, you were correct . I have to fix some radiator issues, but will tune it soon after. I was told by a guy who knows mountains more of tuning information than I do, that I may of had a bad tune which is why my engine failed to begin with.

I have a cobb accessport and was running it on the stage 2 map with 93 octane. The car was originally tuned to this in California and now I live in Colorado (4000 ft+)...dunno if that makes a big difference or not. Is getting it professionally tuned a better idea?

Current mods are: front mount intercooler, invidia headers/downpipe with no cats, turbo back exhaust, cold air intake
    Last edited by mzeek; 09-23-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12